Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having an issue with my auto connect pto coupler. I have hydraulic lift and at the lowest point at "install" the female coupler is angled up. I'm probably gonna wanna smack myself for not being able to figure it out but how does this thing adjust? There are 4 bolts on the sides and the long bolt.

What is the proper process?

Grass is getting out of control... just got time to get everything ready and hit this snag.

Thanks in advance guys.

Also it's 1026r with 54D deck

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
I'm having an issue with my auto connect pto coupler. I have hydraulic lift and at the lowest point at "install" the female coupler is angled up. I'm probably gonna wanna smack myself for not being able to figure it out but how does this thing adjust? There are 4 bolts on the sides and the long bolt.

Grass is getting out of control... just got time to get everything ready and hit this snag.

Thanks in advance guys.

Unhook the pto shaft from the tractor. See if you can slide the pto shaft in and out by hand. Has the pto shaft been greased? There is a zerk on the shaft. The pto shaft needs to slide smoothly for the pto coupler to drop down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
255 Posts
Either your pto shaft is stuck, needs grease or your auto connect needs adjusted. The long bolt gets adjusted by the 2 -15mm nuts and hold the long one with a 17mm. Female end should be level with or slightly angled down before it mates to the gear box.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have greased it regularly and it does lower all the way it just is not level and is pointing up. Baffling how it got out of whack

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
I have greased it regularly and it does lower all the way it just is not level and is pointing up. Baffling how it got out of whack
Is the long bolt resting against the metal plate? That bolt is what controls the angle of the pto coupler. If the bolt becomes loose, which happens, it can get caught under the plate causing the pto coupler to be misaligned. If the bolt falls out completely, happened to me, the pto coupler will point straight down at the ground.

Can you slide the pto shaft in and out by hand? Is there any resistance when doing so? Can you feel it catching?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The long bolt is not resting against the plate. It's probably an inch off it. The shaft seems to slide ok, I just greased everything again before trying putting deck on. Not the greatest pics in the world. I was trying to do all this before my wife and kids got home. Not enough time in the day lately

Attachments

·
Registered
375 Posts
The Pto shaft should freely slide about 4-5 inches (going from memory). Sometimes it can get hung up on a set screw and the square part of the shaft won't extend. Every time Ive seen the auto connect pointed up it was because of the Pto shaft not moving the full distance.

Edited to add: Look at the pictures in these two posts (linked directly to the posts). You can see from the pictures in the second post the length that the PTO shaft should freely move.

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/sub-compact-utility-tractors-scut/20903-help-cant-get-my-60d-autoconnect-back-my-1025r-6.html#post834562

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/sub-compact-utility-tractors-scut/20903-help-cant-get-my-60d-autoconnect-back-my-1025r-7.html#post836418

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
The long bolt is not resting against the plate. It's probably an inch off it. The shaft seems to slide ok, I just greased everything again before trying putting deck on. Not the greatest pics in the world. I was trying to do all this before my wife and kids got home. Not enough time in the day lately
It may not be resting against the plate, but it is there and doesn't appear to be missing any parts. As GTT member Traction said above, the PTO shaft is not extending the proper length it should. I forgot about the hex screw as well. If I were you I would remove the mower deck from the tractor, then remove all of the attaching parts under the tractor and sit them on the ground. MAKE SURE TO NOT LET THE D SHAPED HOOKS TURN or you will be releveling your mower deck. Once the assembly is on the ground, pull the PTO shaft out to full length. My bet is it only extends a couple inches. The hex screw I believe prevents the PTO shaft from coming completely apart, but if not adjusted correctly can cause the PTO shaft to not slide properly no matter how much grease you have on it.

Tony

·
Registered
747 Posts

Thanks in advance guys.

I'm guessing that everything is adjusted right, but your PTO shaft is sticking. I've seen it here several times before. There's a lot of travel in that shaft.

Disconnect the shaft from the tractor, and pull the shaft all the way to the rear to free it up, then reinstall. You should be good to go. Keep all 3 fittings on that shaft well greased.

DSCF7152.JPG DSCF7151.JPG

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Here are the install instructions for your reference.

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
The Pto shaft should freely slide about 4-5 inches (going from memory). Sometimes it can get hung up on a set screw and the square part of the shaft won't extend. Every time Ive seen the auto connect pointed up it was because of the Pto shaft not moving the full distance.

Edited to add: Look at the pictures in these two posts (linked directly to the posts). You can see from the pictures in the second post the length that the PTO shaft should freely move.

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/sub-compact-utility-tractors-scut/20903-help-cant-get-my-60d-autoconnect-back-my-1025r-6.html#post834562

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/sub-compact-utility-tractors-scut/20903-help-cant-get-my-60d-autoconnect-back-my-1025r-7.html#post836418
Great linked thread. I have had a hell of a time with my AutoConnect 60D both getting it on and getting it off the tractor.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts