Registered
2032R, 220R MSL, 270B
77 Posts
Not showing on Build Your Own pages yet

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
Yep. Its a thing if you click around on the Tech Info site you can dig out the installation instructions. I'm attaching them here. Interesting kit.

This bad-boy is going to be expensive!
995.50. Not available to order yet. It is a little gangling looking, and the hard lines to feed it and return will be out at the edge of the floor board exposing them to possible damage. Four plus years waiting for it, you would think it would be designed and look a little cleaner. May be overreacting, hard to tell from install pics. will be ordering one when available. Other than the handle, doesn't seem to be any better than the Long. Close in price.Time will tell.

Allen

·
Premium Member
15,961 Posts
Other than the slick SCV joystick handle, the JD kit looks like an abomination. I’ll bet the dealer installation fee will be close to the cost of the kit.

·
Registered
92 Posts
If I’m following the instructions correctly, you need either power beyond or rear SCV. If power beyond only then it uses the PB quick connect. If PB and/or rear SCV then you tie into the rear SCV hard lines.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
995.50. Not available to order yet. It is a little gangling looking, and the hard lines to feed it and return will be out at the edge of the floor board exposing them to possible damage. Four plus years to waiting for it, you would think it would be designed and look a little cleaner. May be overreacting, hard to tell from install pics. will be ordering one when available. Other than the handle, doesn't seem to be any better than the Long. Close in price.Time will tell.

Allen
Couldn't agree more with this. Maybe excessive for a piece of equipment, but I really like to see clean installs on machines that cost as much as these do. I have every other hydraulic hookup installed on mine and it doesn't look any different from the base tractor except for additional connectors. But this setup looks like it's going to add a lot of visual components and I'm not sure I'm a fan of that.

Other than the slick SCV joystick handle, the JD kit looks like an abomination. I’ll bet the dealer installation fee will be close to the cost of the kit.
Almost tempting to order that fancy handle separate and build a more hidden system.

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
Couldn't agree more with this. Maybe excessive for a piece of equipment, but I really like to see clean installs on machines that cost as much as these do. I have every other hydraulic hookup installed on mine and it doesn't look any different from the base tractor except for additional connectors. But this setup looks like it's going to add a lot of visual components and I'm not sure I'm a fan of that.

Almost tempting to order that fancy handle separate and build a more hidden system.
Well, this kit does come with the hard lines, hoses, mounting brackets,dust cover/plug, and couplers for the loader.

By time you buy all that, the harness (which funny enough you can order separate #BXX10513 for 125.00), joystick, joystick handle, and handle button, it will cost more than the kit alone. Maybe not, time will tell.

I will be looking into possibly revising this kit to relocate the valve somewhere else using hoses and short steel lines for the couplers. locating the couplers just above original loader couplers.

I don't know, maybe it's better to buy the WR Long kit, JD loader parts, harness, joystick, and handle.

There just HAS to be a better place to put that elctro/hyd valve. Don't understand why Deere's has a return to tank, when the WR Long doesn't, if I'm remembering it right.

Allen.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Well, this kit does come with the hard lines, hoses, mounting brackets,dust cover/plug, and couplers for the loader.

By time you buy all that, the harness (which funny enough you can order separate #BXX10513 for 125.00), joystick, joystick handle, and handle button, it will cost more than the kit alone. Maybe not, time will tell.

I will be looking into possibly revising this kit to relocate the valve somewhere else using hoses and short steel lines for the couplers. locating the couplers just above original loader couplers.

I don't know, maybe it's better to buy the WR Long kit, JD loader parts, harness, joystick, and handle.

There just HAS to be a better place to put that elctro/hyd valve. Don't understand why Deere's has a return to tank, when the WR Long doesn't, if I'm remembering it right.

Allen.
I'd like to see it in action before making a decision to be for or against this kit. If it has some obvious advantages over others on the market, then I could live with the visual issues. But, if there's no difference, a WR long might be what the doctor ordered. I like a well finished appearance, but I'll let performance be the deciding factor.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Allen.
Someone smarter than me should answer but I think because this is a true 3rd function and not a diverter. Meaning you will be able to curl and clamp at the same time. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
461 Posts
Someone smarter than me should answer but I think because this is a true 3rd function and not a diverter. Meaning you will be able to curl and clamp at the same time. 🤷‍♂️
The WR Long is a true 3rd function to.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I see that the Deere 3rd Function Selective Valve kit (BXX10213) is showing on the Build-Your-Own page now as an available accessory. Does anyone know if this kit is available to order now as a separate/stand-alone kit? If so, what is the current lead-time?

·
Registered
2021 2038r MSL
42 Posts
My dealer tried to order it yesterday and this is what they got in reply to asking why it said the part cannot be shipped to their location.

Although the effective date for the kits has now passed, the factory applied a last-minute geo restriction to all regions because shipping release was not fully approved. This is an unusual step, but the decision was made to ensure that all of the "children" parts for each kit would also have available inventory at the time the kits are opened up for sale, and some are still in process at NAPDC. We hope to be able to release these or at least have a status update within the next couple of weeks. Thank you for your understanding.

So we get to keep holding our breath.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ordered my 2038R Friday with the Deere 3rd function kit. I removed the single point hydraulic connector. It might be compatible, but why bother if you still need to do two of the connections the other way. I'm going to see if I can find a 6 point version of the single point.
Exciting to finally have the tractor ordered !

·
Registered
461 Posts
Honestly if you are not taking the loader off every week or two I dont see the point of the single point connector. I take my loader off maybe 3-4x a year (snow blower and early season I tend to swap back and forth) and I have never been these 4 connectors are a pain. In fact I would pay single point connector money if they would make the front PTO easier.

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
Hi All. Dealer just called. Going tomorrow to pick up my 3rd function kit, and AV20F grapple. I will try and post pics of the kit when I get a chance.

Allen.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts