Green Tractor Talk banner
21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
Wow, that is sure a complicated kit!
It's not that bad Kenny. It does look that way. Deere gives you every line that could be needed, whether you have PB, Rear SCV's, nothing or any combination. That makes it sound complicated, but in reality there are 3 RTT lines, that are easy to tell which goes where. then its just lines to the valve. The instructions are quite good.

Don't forget, this kit comes with the hard lines for the loader, fittings, mounting hardware, hoses, Nice JD thumb button on joystick(has new joystick included), and dust covers. That's why I chose the Deere over the W R Long.

Since it's Electro Hyd I really wanted to find a different place to mount the valve, and just have 3rd SCV couplers by the other couplers, but I need to get this in to use it. I have the grapple to use on my NSL till they get/ Dealer trade for my MSL and HD bucket. Might be as soon as Monday or 3-4 weeks for a 2021. we'll see. Meanwhile I got some work to do.

Allen.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
Wow, that is sure a complicated kit!
What's your opinion? Black or Green for the bracket? To me this set up is a little gangling. I'm trying to make it look as good as I can so I don't rip it apart to move the valve someplace else, wasting the money on all those pipes.

Allen.

·
Administrator
20,848 Posts
The zinc plated bracket looks OK to me, but so would black or green. Sorry I'm no help :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: PJR832

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
What was the cost of the kit?
Sincerely

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
Sincerely
It was part of a package deal, MSL, 3rd SCV, grapple, HD bucket, and forks to get them to take NSL in on trade. total package ended up being 16% off list, but quoted price on paperwork for 3rd SCV was 995.00 just like listed price for me on JD parts.

Not too bad a price comparing it to WR long kit, while JD kit has steel loader lines, and every steel line needed no matter the Hydraulic options.

I did find one potential stumbling block, not sure yet, haven't started install.
Apparently the Gen 2 large frame tractors have a PRE STAGE V(5), and a POST STAGE V(5) models, whatever that means, and not sure why. I know that Post Stage 5 has relays to install in fuse box along RT side of seat, and uses harness in kit, I think, and Pre Stage 5 is a different harness (BXX10513, additional 126.50) that has external relays mounted to valve bracket, and has to be wired into junction block inside left side of steering column. I don't even know which one I have yet, or why the difference. I will know more when I start my install. will be easy to tell which one once started. I had to clean and paint underside of my 60D deck to trade in on radials or sell outright, and while I was painting bottom of deck, had to paint 3rd SCV mounting bracket(decided on green, of course) before I started install. Couldn't stand the zink?? Plating.

These "stages" are per the install instructions, which I have yet to print, as my HP 64 cartridges somehow will not print right. Had a bugger of a time to find them, but did, of all places Walmart. Covid is truly screwing everything up. Everthing I need or want is always out of stock!! Not enough time in the day, never mind at night, after spending all day in a rig.

Hoping to get 60D off chain fall if paint is dry tomorrow night, get tractor in garage, and start install Wednesday morning, depending on how tired I am/what time I get up. Getting old S***S. Not that long ago I would work round the clock non stop to get it done. I need this done so I can start on wood for this coming winter. I got 3 loads on the lawn wanting to get processed. Excited to use new AV20F on 2032R beside 4720.

Allen.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
Sincerely
I see you have the AP12F's. How do you like them?? what they cost you? Did you consider the AP10F's, they seem good enough, even with the added lift of the MSL.Was the headache rack the deciding factor? thinking of stepping up to the "12's". Waiting for "10's" to come in with MSL. Dealer has used 12's, but wants 1100.00, whereas 10's are 600.00.

Allen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am in the middle of my installation and ran into a snag. The parts to connect the hoses to the SCV were absent. I was faced with a female end on the hose and a female end mounted to the SCV. Also, my 2017 2032R is apparently pre stage V and requires a second kit for the electrical harness. Since I am so far into my installation, I figured I would share a few photos so you can see the mounting.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
I see you have the AP12F's. How do you like them?? what they cost you? Did you consider the AP10F's, they seem good enough, even with the added lift of the MSL.Was the headache rack the deciding factor? thinking of stepping up to the "12's". Waiting for "10's" to come in with MSL. Dealer has used 12's, but wants 1100.00, whereas 10's are 600.00.

Allen.
I paid somewhere around $1,100 for the AP12F with 42” forks when I purchased them new in 2017. I use them often. I wanted the safety of the higher frame. I have since purchased a shorter pallet fork frame for selective tasks where headroom is an issue.
Sincerely

Reactions: jasper04

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just as a follow up to those interested, I understand that the wiring harness for Pre Stage -V tractors will not be available until July 2021. I believe that harness is BXX10513. I am not sure when stage V tractors were sold but if you do not have the chassis mounted connection under the right floor board that would be a good indication that you do not have a tractor compatible with the base kit. I suppose for us with older 2 series large frames we have a couple more months of wait time. Looking at the bright side I will only have a few minutes of installation once I am able to get the new kit.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Apparently the Gen 2 large frame tractors have a PRE STAGE V(5), and a POST STAGE V(5) models, whatever that means, and not sure why. I know that Post Stage 5 has relays to install in fuse box along RT side of seat, and uses harness in kit, I think, and Pre Stage 5 is a different harness (BXX10513, additional 126.50) that has external relays mounted to valve bracket, and has to be wired into junction block inside left side of steering column.
Hi Jasper04, any updates on your install? How does your painted bracket look? It would be nice to see a photo of where harness should plug in on Post Stage (V) and where the connector is missing on Pre Stage (V) like Dwoodruff92's tractor.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
Hi Jasper04, any updates on your install? How does your painted bracket look? It would be nice to see a photo of where harness should plug in on Post Stage (V) and where the connector is missing on Pre Stage (V) like Dwoodruff92's tractor.
Well, unfortunately I'm in the same boat as Dwoodruff92!! I just can't wait till some time in July. The real kicker is that Deere has the additional harnesses ready to sell, but WON"T as the individual parts for the harness are not, so they won't release the harness in case some one has a problem with the extra needed harness.

I just can't understand Deere on this one!! Why in the world would you start to sell the kit KNOWING that it will not work with the overwhelming amount of the Gen 2 2032/38R's without the added harness.

The real cherry on top is that there is no REAL definition of which are Pre or Post Stage V(5). From the people I've talked to, there was a large tractor harness change, in anticipation of the 3rd function release. So, when was the change? 2020? Mid 2020? 2021? Can't get an answer!!

Before I ordered the kit I asked if the other harness was included in the kit, was told it was, as it's install instructions are listed in the kit install instructions. Guess what? It's not included!. I even crawled under the tractor and looked up at the bottom of the fuse box to see if there were wires in the box for the relays. There were.

Here's the problem, there is a relay already in the position your suppose to install one and no wires for the second relay.

So, if you want to order the 3rd function kit, don't make the mistake I made, and assume the pig tails are just tide up out of sight, and see from underneath that there are wires in the fuse block.

Take the RT side cowl on side of seat off, take cover off fuse box, and confirm the fuse box has open wires(unused wires) in it, and enough space for 2 square relays that are in the kit. Then you can use the 3rd function kit as it is being sold now without needing the extra harness, which by the way adds about 123.00 extra to the 995.00.

I have a feeling that when the 3rd function became available to add when using "build your own", some where around there is the break between Pre and Post Stage V. Other than that, your guess is as good as mine!

Physically check your fuse box for unused wires and open space for 2 relays BEFORE ordering!!! Maybe you will get lucky, and it would help all of us too.

I did paint the bracket green way ahead so it would be dry, and told Dealer I was going to do what Dwoodruff92 did, and install the kit and wait for the harness, Dealer asked me not to install it yet. I thought that was weird. Told him, well I painted the bracket, got over spray all over the box, I can't return it now anyway, and I wasn't too happy spending close to 3G's for a grapple and 3rd function, which are nothing but paperweights now. He said again, please don't install it yet.

I'm in quite a pickle now, needed this ready to go a month ago, started this process over 3 months ago. Looks like I'll be spending more money to run hoses from my rear SCV's to run the grapple.

REALLY wish I bought the WR Long 3rd function months ago now!

Sorry for the rant, just really fed up with Deere right now, and the lack of communication, everybody is overwhelmed right now, but come on man.

Allen.

·
Registered
62 Posts
If a guy really had to use the hydraulics while waiting on Deere to sort out their harnesses, I bet something could be cobbled together. Looks like a 4 pin Molex to two 2 pin Deutsch DTM or DT plugs on the solenoids, and a Metripack or Weatherpack (I forget the differences) 3 pin going up to the SPDT switch in the handle. Steal 12V from somewhere, a few zip ties and one could have ugly but temporarily functional. Eh, probably easier to just run hoses to the back.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
If a guy really had to use the hydraulics while waiting on Deere to sort out their harnesses, I bet something could be cobbled together. Looks like a 4 pin Molex to two 2 pin Deutsch DTM or DT plugs on the solenoids, and a Metripack or Weatherpack (I forget the differences) 3 pin going up to the SPDT switch in the handle. Steal 12V from somewhere, a few zip ties and one could have ugly but temporarily functional. Eh, probably easier to just run hoses to the back.
Heard back from the Dealer, said June 1st. We will see. Hoses are what I'm looking into, using loader lines. Have to have a functioning grapple before first of June.

Allen.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I just completed the install of this kit on a 2020 2032R and hit two snags - no screws for the joystick and missing two adapters for the front quick connects. I suspect those same items are missing from all the kits so check that if you buy a kit. I also had one 90 degree elbow that sized incorrectly that was easy to replace. No harness issues but those connectors are well hidden.

Dealer ordered the adapters and the screws in the parts catalog online were still wrong so I went to lowes and got two 10x1.25 screws with lock nuts.

Everything works great and I thought the install was pretty straight forward.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Green Circuit component Wood Gas Electrical wiring Green Bicycle tire Tire Plant Automotive tire Green Circuit component Motor vehicle Electronic component Computer hardware

Hope that's what you were looking for. BTW, the videos that DWoodruff92 posted are really good. There are minor differences in the newer models, i.e. the boot is zip-tied into place, bolts for the joystick are odd as there's a third hole implying you should thread into that as well, etc. I will say reading through the instructions a few times is really helpful and when you get to the part where you remove the ball from the joystick rod that you'll remove in the next step just ask yourself why? :cool:

Reactions: EmmtBot

·
Registered
208 Posts
The hard lines appear to be pretty secure and it would take a lot to hit them. I think you're more likely to damage a line in the rear wheel area by churning up a large rock to limb. The other lines are not far off, just not as visible.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thank you. Yep that is what I was looking for, and like you I also found DWoodruff92 and jasper04's photos and youtube videos very helpful. I'm trying to decide if those lines below the pedals are actually at risk or if it just seems like it in photos. They look pretty well "inboard" of everything else.

Gotta decide which approach to take for the tractor I don't even have yet.

·
Registered
208 Posts
EmmitBot - when you say approach, are you talking installation or deciding on going this route with a JD kit? I installed a power beyond at the same time when really I need a dual setup as well. I just found out that I can actually have all three kits so I've ordered that one as I want tilt/trim type of functionality for the box blade and scraper. The dealership wanted $1600 labor to install these first two kits. That $1600 bought me a box blade and rake.

When you get the boxes it's a bit overwhelming as there's a ton of extra lines and the parts just come in a big ziplock bag. Frankly, I was not impressed with the instructions and despite others saying, I think they're poorly written, If I have to download or view them online, provide real pictures instead of grey and black images while you're at it. To install one line you have to remove a cotter pin from a link that takes longer than any other step and it's not mentioned in the directions. I just couldn't get needle-nose pliers into the tight space and the way it was installed was wonky. Took less than a minute to install a new cotter pin :) Anyways, the installation took two days and I would say maybe six hours one day and four the next. If I had to do it again, I could easily knock it out in less than four or five hours.

I did paint my plate black. Just thought the zinc plate would stand out too much. I like the way it looks painted.

Reactions: SGT-RAM
21 - 40 of 77 Posts