Green Tractor Talk banner
41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
By approach I mean which kit to go with, I'm thinking some options are:
  • JD kit as shown here - there are several things I like about it
  • WR Long - I know lots of these are in use, but not sure I like it more than the JD kit. Need to look more.
  • Summit Hydraulics - rumor was they were working on a solution is for routing one rear remote from their existing kit up to the front
  • JD kit but maybe trying to relocate the valve to clean things up a bit
  • Some other fun DIY approach, possibly scavenging parts from one of the above
I have a 2038R on order with power beyond and the dual rear outlets. I'd have been happy to install those myself, but I'm having the dealer do it because I ordered with a backhoe and I'm not sure how they'd manage to deliver a backhoe without PB installed. I figure since they're in there they might as well install the dual rear outlets at the same time because I know some of the disassembly is the shared, and I think one uses a different line based on whether the other is installed or something like that. I figure both of these options have been around a few years and there's a good chance the tech doing the setup has done it all before and won't mess anything up. I didn't feel that same confidence about asking them to do this new kit.

I have a way of overanalyzing things and that is absolutely what I'm doing here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just completed the install of this kit on a 2020 2032R and hit two snags - no screws for the joystick and missing two adapters for the front quick connects. I suspect those same items are missing from all the kits so check that if you buy a kit. I also had one 90 degree elbow that sized incorrectly that was easy to replace. No harness issues but those connectors are well hidden.

Dealer ordered the adapters and the screws in the parts catalog online were still wrong so I went to lowes and got two 10x1.25 screws with lock nuts.

Everything works great and I thought the install was pretty straight forward.
Hi jonsonrd, I have a 2021 2038r and the BXX10213 3rd function hydraulic kit has been sitting at the dealer for several days now while they are trying to confirm if I also need the extra BXX10513 wiring harness. They are going to comp part of this install because they delivered the tractor without the power beyond which I purchased and paid for when I bought the tractor. My question is did you also need the BXX10513 wiring harness or did the harness in the BXX10215 kit work on your 2020 2032r? If it worked would you be able to walk me thru locating the connectors so I could verify?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hi jonsonrd, I have a 2021 2038r and the BXX10213 3rd function hydraulic kit has been sitting at the dealer for several days now while they are trying to confirm if I also need the extra BXX10513 wiring harness. They are going to comp part of this install because they delivered the tractor without the power beyond which I purchased and paid for when I bought the tractor. My question is did you also need the BXX10513 wiring harness or did the harness in the BXX10215 kit work on your 2020 2032r? If it worked would you be able to walk me thru locating the connectors so I could verify?
No 10513 needed. I'll post pics of the connections later today.

Reactions: BrokenBit

·
Registered
210 Posts

Hope this helps. Happy to talk you through it if needed.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Thanks. No connectors for me. 2018 serial 1LV2038REJJxxxxxx

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 2038R is currently at the dealer for the third function install. They have ran into a roadblock stating they can’t install the third function, rear scv and power beyond at the same time…..

anyone got my setup successfully installed?

·
Registered
210 Posts
My 2038R is currently at the dealer for the third function install. They have ran into a roadblock stating they can’t install the third function, rear scv and power beyond at the same time…..

I don't have your setup just yet as I'm waiting (literally waiting on UPS to deliver it) on my Dual Rear SCV kit but I have the power beyond and the 3rd function installed. On the Power Beyond kit it tells you the lines to use with installation with a Dual Rear SCV kit. On the 3rd Function kit, it shows you how to run the lines for both as well. It's 100% doable and I would follow the approach of having the power beyond installed (think of most having this that have a backhoe), adding the dual rear SCV and then adding the 3rd function kit. If you look at the three instruction sets and follow that logic, it works out. Thankfully I did not toss the lines that came with my 3rd function kit as it changes when I add the Dual Rear SCV (I didn't go in the order suggested).

·
Registered
210 Posts
Just in case you didn't have the instructions for all three kits.

Attachments

Reactions: EmmtBot

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
Hey guys I got my second harness, and got it installed. It's not that fun installing that 2nd harness. It would have been a lot easier if the harness had the wires coming out in the right spots. I had to pull harness apart, reposition the wires add longer convolute, and re-tape. I would expect better from JD. I'm happy with it now. Loader hard lines are real nice, hoses?? I'll be changing them.

Single point will not work with 3rd function. I will have to modify main bracket for single point. Bracket hits front black line.
Tractor has rear SCV's, no PB.
Some pics.

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
Hey guys I got my second harness, and got it installed. It's not that fun installing that 2nd harness. It would have been a lot easier if the harness had the wires coming out in the right spots. I had to pull harness apart, reposition the wires add longer convolute, and re-tape. I would expect better from JD. I'm happy with it now. Loader hard lines are real nice, hoses?? I'll be changing them.

Single point will not work with 3rd function. I will have to modify main bracket for single point. Bracket hits front black line.
Tractor has rear SCV's, no PB.
Some pics.

View attachment 792285 View attachment 792286 View attachment 792287 View attachment 792288 View attachment 792289 View attachment 792290 View attachment 792291 View attachment 792292 View attachment 792294
Lever for loader on mine was no peach either. Original bolts for lever were too long for new lever. Mine is a 2018, and had Allen head bolts. Had to cut them down. There is no grove cut into the new lever to secure boot.

It's functioning now. I will clean up the rest when I get a chance. need to use it now to do my wood.

Pics of lever.

·
Registered
210 Posts

Yes, just completed mine. Hopefully this picture helps. I'll post a few more.

Reactions: greenwithenvy

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
Hi Guys. Been doing quite a bit on the 3rd function. Got to use 3rd function with NSL loader without the SP. I switched the Male to Male #6 ORB fittings coming out of the valve going into couplers to 90's. Just didn't like them sticking out that far. worked out great. Looked nice and clean. Then started mocking up the SP after I got the MSL.

Allen.

Green Electrical wiring Automotive tire Gas Engineering
Green Electrical wiring Engineering Gas Cable
Green Electrical wiring Engineering Gas Cable
Green Electrical wiring Gas Auto part Cable
Tire Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting
Tire Automotive tire Green Wheel Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
Finally finished up SP with the MSL. I got quite lucky, with the help of two long bars squeezed between valve and SP mount, i was able to pry apart enough that SP mount cleared front black RTT pipe. I ended up going back to straight fittings off the valve, adding an extension to one, and swapping a male and female coupling. Also added a short extension to the male coupler up front to bring it even to the female one. Over all even after having to straightening out the 45 degree fittings quite a bit on SP hoses, cracking 2 leaving quite an oil slick first test, then getting remade ones, I am VERY happy with the way it turned out. I'm happy I went with the JD kit over the WR Long kit. It was a PITA, but, it is what it was. The Sp kind of hides/protects the 3rd function. Really glad I painted bracket green. It is pealing of some now, but it was my fault using Berkable 2+2 too much to clean oil off, and hitting it too quick with the air.

The finished product.

Allen.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I have a 3rd function in my order for my new 2032R still at the dealers getting the backhoe put on and waiting for the Radial R3s. I am getting the Frontier 60" FEL mounted plow and was told I need the 3rd Function. I wondered if I didn't need it because I am hoping that the forward tilt of the plow I can set and then disconnect the hoses and use them for angle. Will the piston stay in the same upright position with disconnected hoses?

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
I have a 3rd function in my order for my new 2032R still at the dealers getting the backhoe put on and waiting for the Radial R3s. I am getting the Frontier 60" FEL mounted plow and was told I need the 3rd Function. I wondered if I didn't need it because I am hoping that the forward tilt of the plow I can set and then disconnect the hoses and use them for angle. Will the piston stay in the same upright position with disconnected hoses?
There isn't a lift cylinder for the Frontier plow. It is a fixed loader mount. You needed the 3rd function to pivot(angle) the blade.

Allen.

·
Registered
381 Posts
There isn't a lift cylinder for the Frontier plow. It is a fixed loader mount. You needed the 3rd function to pivot(angle) the blade.

Allen.
The plow can be lifted by the SCV along with the angle. The 3rd Function would be used to roll plow forward and back. I am wondering if I dont get the 3rd Function if the blade would stay straight up and down if the hoses were not connected.

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
The plow can be lifted by the SCV along with the angle. The 3rd Function would be used to roll plow forward and back. I am wondering if I dont get the 3rd Function if the blade would stay straight up and down if the hoses were not connected.
I would get the 3rd function. Haven't seen a Frontier loader mounted plow with a lift cylinder yt. Any pics?

Allen

·
Registered
381 Posts
I would get the 3rd function. Haven't seen a Frontier loader mounted plow with a lift cylinder yt. Any pics?

Allen
I don't understand your point. The Frontier Plow doesn't need a lift cylinder. To the lift the plow you lift the loader arms. To angle the plow you use the joystick. The only thing 3rd function could do is change the tilt of the blade forward and back. I am wondering what would happen if I didn't have the 3rd Function and left the blade straight up and down and disconnect the hoses, would it stay straight up and down?

41 - 60 of 84 Posts