Green Tractor Talk banner
61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Administrator
20,849 Posts
Disconnecting hoses to alleviate the need for a 3rd function is not a great idea. The cylinders will most likely drift and then your plow won't work well.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
I don't understand your point. The Frontier Plow doesn't need a lift cylinder. To the lift the plow you lift the loader arms. To angle the plow you use the joystick. The only thing 3rd function could do is change the tilt of the blade forward and back. I am wondering what would happen if I didn't have the 3rd Function and left the blade straight up and down and disconnect the hoses, would it stay straight up and down?
[/QUOTE

Sorry for the confusion! I was confused by the way you asked it. The blade does not tilt forward or back with a hydraulic cylinder. It angles left or right. If you somehow angled it, then disconnected the hoses, it would not stay in the position you left it

You shouldn't have to disconnect any hoses if installed right. All cylinders will leak down when disconnected, and will be hard to reconnect after. I would not do/set it up that way.
If you are paying for a system plus installation, why not get a true 3rd function.

Yes the joystick will control the loader. you have 2 options to angle the blade. One, use a diverter for loader control, which requires pushing a switch, then using the joystick to angle the blade. Two, have a true 3rd function, which is always live, just push the button on joystick to angle.

Again Sorry for the confusion.
Allen.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We just purchased a new 2032R and I've been reading all over the forum on which third function setup to purchase. Some say JD and other the WR Long. Has anyone operated them both?

For the JD version, is the switch on the joystick momentary or just on/off and then use the curl function to control the grapple?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
20,849 Posts
For the JD version, is the switch on the joystick momentary or just on/off and then use the curl function to control the grapple?

Thanks!
Both the WRL and the JD options operate the same way, momentary switches to directly operate the function. They are not "diverters" that use the dump/curl function of the joystick while a switch is held.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
8 Posts
Great, thank you! The salesman also mentioned it adds 1 rear remote as well. Is this true and it's controlled with the momentary switch as well?

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
I haven't been on the site for awhile,but after reading through this thread,I would like to say I've had the WR Long kit since 2017 and it works flawlessly. In my opinion it looks like the JD kit is a PITA to install and doesn't even look good. Just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
Great, thank you! The salesman also mentioned it adds 1 rear remote as well. Is this true and it's controlled with the momentary switch as well?
Sorry, your salesman is wrong. Neither the WR Long, or the JD 3rd function add SCV's out the back. They are right at or near the 3rd SCV valve. JD does offer a dual rear SCV kit, which I suggest you get, along with the Power Beyond{PB}.

Here is a pic of the JD 3rd function
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Green Motor vehicle
Green Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior
Green Electrical wiring Automotive tire Engineering Gas
Green Electrical wiring Engineering Gas Cable
Green Electrical wiring Engineering Gas Cable

Here is the rear SCV.

Motor vehicle Green Hood Automotive tire Automotive design

Hope this helps. Allen.

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
Sorry, your salesman is wrong. Neither the WR Long, or the JD 3rd function add SCV's out the back. They are right at or near the 3rd SCV valve. JD does offer a dual rear SCV kit, which I suggest you get, along with the Power Beyond{PB}.

Here is a pic of the JD 3rd function View attachment 804260 View attachment 804261 View attachment 804262 View attachment 804263 View attachment 804265

Here is the rear SCV.

View attachment 804268

Hope this helps. Allen.
Jasper, I believe you can rotate the black sleeve where the wire attaches 180 degrees so the harness is not sticking up in the air. You should be able to unscrew the piece circled, pull off the black sleeve, rotate it so the connector points down and then reinstall the silver piece.

Automotive tire Green Bicycle part Gas Fixture

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
After using mine, I'm real happy I went with the JD 3rd function rather than the WR Long. Both are very good. While installing the JD version on an Mid 2018, and older does require an extra harness that has to be installed, installation is rather easy, and no more involved than the WR Long.

The JD kit also includes hard lines, and couplers for the loader. They fit perfectly on the 220R NSL or MSL. The switch integrated into the loader handle is sweet.

I installed my JD 3rd function kit myself, and must admit I was at first, very frustrated and upset, mad even, but that was because of the way JD first came out with the kit.

After I got it all installed, and then re-installed my single point kit, I have to say I am thrilled with how it all came together, and works.

Very glad I chose the JD Kit with the included loader lines, and nice JD style switch, over the WR Long kit.

Allen.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
Jasper, I believe you can rotate the black sleeve where the wire attaches 180 degrees so the harness is not sticking up in the air. You should be able to unscrew the piece circled, pull off the black sleeve, rotate it so the connector points down and then reinstall the silver piece.

View attachment 804270
Thanks EVT! Yeah I did try that early during install. Put it back to original position. I was working on other issues with the install. The first kits out were rough, missing parts, wrong parts, parts not available. Really glad JD has it all worked out now.

Allen.

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
Thanks EVT! Yeah I did try that early during install. Put it back to original position. I was working on other issues with the install. The first kits out were rough, missing parts, wrong parts, parts not available. Really glad JD has it all worked out now.

Allen.
Did you do the install yourself? I'm waiting for the parts to come in so the dealer can do the install and deliver my 2038

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
Here are some pics of the 3rd function, single point, and the 220R MSL. It looks about as good as you can get, and works great.

Allen.

Green Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive exterior
Tire Green Automotive tire Motor vehicle Product
Green Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood
Automotive tire Green Motor vehicle Vehicle Asphalt
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Green Vehicle Automotive exterior
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle
Tire Green Plant Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Plant

·
Premium Member
653 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
The installation on the JD kits, all of them, is not hard. The instructions get a little confusing when trying to add a given kit with another kit installed but it's doable. Someone mentioned earlier but the kit itself is just thrown into a box and you get hoses and lines for every possible combination. If JD improved their instructions or simply provided clear pictures online instead of gray and black images the installs would go much easier. There are plenty of pics, videos, and individuals who have done the installs now that should help anyone do these kits. The labor dealers charge on installing these is crazy and from the postings many apparently do not know how to combine kits.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts