Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
17,265 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
It seems that Cabelas is selling the older models of TYM since they have a Perkins engine. On TYM's site the newer models which there are only 2 are using the Yanmar tier 4 engines.

It looks interesting. Cabelas has them on sale and also with a free FEL. Looking at the front end I don't like that the power steering cylinders are right out in front. I would rather have them behind for a little more protection.

I wonder how long Cabelas has been selling them and how many they have really sold and how many they had to purchase in the first place to get them private labeled.

·
Registered
11,379 Posts
And, where do you get parts and get warranty work done?

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
The Cabelas store here in Green Bay is only a couple years old . The tractors showed up early this spring. Depending on location the tractors are serviced right at the store or a shop nearby.

·
Super Moderator
4,886 Posts
Cabela's started carrying the rebadged TYM's last fall (October if I recall correctly - maybe November..). I looked but wasn't all that excited about them and the initial lead times for delivery were pretty lengthy. Originally they only had them in a few stores but I believe the plan is to have them in all the stores that had been selling ATVs by the end of this summer.

·
Premium Member
7,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, I'm going by my feeble memory from the other night when I came across these tractors; but if I recall correctly Cabela's wants about $1,200 or more for a Woods made 5' rear blade; while a Frontier made by Woods was about $500.

Cabela's sure is proud of their name and hopes enough suckers will pay a premium price for some camo decals on these tractors and their implements.

·
Registered
709 Posts
A little camouflage can make almost anything cool! :laugh:

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Cabelas pricing on most things is generally high. Their stores tend to be more for tourist than the local bargain shoppers. They do seem to have some items that can be hard to find elsewhere and that's what I buy for them.

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
Went to the new Cabela's by us today. Had the grandson and he wanted to sit on everything, so I only snapped a few pics.

Cabbed LM43H

20140830_104335.jpg

20140830_104245.jpg

20140830_104348.jpg

5 Open stations

20140830_104506.jpg

Attachments

20140830_104448.jpg

They had 10 tractors total. One inside had the loader up with flat stock zip tied to the cylinders. I didn't get close enough to it to see exactly what they did. I wouldn't take little man near it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts