Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 2010 LA 115 this weekend. 40 hours on the clock. Maintenance was neglected, however after a carb rebuild / clean it's running like a champ.

Today I went to pick up supplies to address the rest of the machine, air filter, oil filter & fuel filter.

I stopped first at Lowes. Keep in mind, I'm Canada and all prices are in CAN. The one on the left is the Briggs and Stratton filter, $1.99!!! I didn't photograph the tag, but trust me, the receipt says $1.99, the pre-cleaner is also included and is behind the paper filter.

Here's the SAME Briggs and Stratton at Canadian Tire. $37.99! That's a %1900 markup!

The oil filter, $19.99

Picked up the FRAM equivalent at Canadian Tire for $12.

I'm not sure if that's a pricing error at Lowes, but if so I think I might go buy a lifetime supply!

Mark

·
Premium Member
12,298 Posts
That air filter at my local Lowe's is $12.98

·
Premium Member
5,081 Posts
Wow . . . I suspect a pricing error but, I'd go back and pickup a few more along with a FREE 6-pak! :good2:

:bigbeer:

·
Premium Member
7,721 Posts
At Green Farm Parts:

AM125424 oil filter $8.64
GY20573 air filter $14.98

Free shipping - why bother with anything else?
I am not sure they ship to Canada :dunno:

Wow . . . I suspect a pricing error but, I'd go back and pickup a few more along with a FREE 6-pak! :good2:

:bigbeer:
Same here, marked wrong. You'll go back and find them $29.99 :laugh:

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I bought the same style washable K&N filter for my old L108. Think is was around $30 US. Also got the small square panel one for my JD JS61 walk behind mower. Best $$ I ever spent. They were a new hybrid style that you don't have to oil after washing. I let the L108 one in when I sold the machine. Didn't fit my new 540 so I had no use for it.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,266 Posts
Green painted boxes!
They had to pay Gizmo, he's got all the green paint. :laugh:
Now you know how he paid for his truck. :lolol:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Went back on the weekend and bought the last two. I asked a clerk if he had more, he checked for me. They're being discontinued and hence the mark down! To make way for the green branded ones!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts