Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Vendor
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's been awhile since we've had a contest for our friends at Green Tractor Talk, so here we go! This contest will run from Monday, October 24th until Monday, October 31st only! There are two ways to enter:

1. Go to our home page at John Deere Parts Online Store: Green Farm Parts and click on the "Contact Us" link at the very top right hand corner. Pull down the menu to the "Contact a Parts Pro" tab and that will open an email tab. Title your email "CONTEST ENTRY" and send it to us. You can enter 1 time per day until October 31st! You must go to the Green Farm Parts home page FROM THIS GTT POSTING so we know that the traffic came from Green Tractor Talk. All we need is your name and GTT handle in the email.

2. The second way to enter the contest is by placing an online order for your John Deere parts and accessories. Don't forget to use the GTT coupon. For every order we receive from you during this item, you will receive three (3) entries into the contest. There is no minimum order dollar amount!

So, what do you win?

The number of prizes we give out will determine how many orders we receive. This contest is being run ONLY for Green Tractor Talk members. We will be giving out $100 Green Farm Parts gift certificates in the form of rewards points, $100 Amazon gift cards, Pig of the Month BBQ packs and other goodies. Again, this depends on the number of orders we receive between now and midnight on October 31st!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,517 Posts
Cool! :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
What do I want to win? hmmm.... I could use a nice Frontier 60" Box Blade? :yahoo::good2: A cabbed equivalent to my 3520 would be nice! :yahoo::good2:

Or, maybe a hat? :unknown: :bigthumb:

You guys are super generous to this community! THANKS for all that you do!! :bigthumb::bigthumb::bigthumb::bigthumb::bigthumb:

·
Registered
22,768 Posts
Curious as to what we should include in the body of the email.

Name?
Address?
Email address?
Phone Number?
SS number?

·
Vendor
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Curious as to what we should include in the body of the email.

Name?
Address?
Email address?
Phone Number?
SS number?
GOOD things to know, huh? How about your name and GTT handle? Winners will be contacted via email and we will then get the pertinent details for shipping, etc.

·
Premium Member
7,721 Posts
There must be a LOT of people entering. I can only get as far as the drop menu of CONTACT US :banghead:
NOTHING happens when I "click" on "contact a parts pro" Maybe there are not any "part pros" in today :dunno: :nunu:

And YES I used the link to GFP from your first post.

·
Premium Member
7,721 Posts
I'd be happy to "win" the operator's manuals for the John Deere x485 and 62C mower deck I bought from your Atlanta store FOUR months ago, as promised by the salesman. N.M.
All I've had are excuses: "They take 30 days when ordered." "I'll check with parts and let you know"

·
Vendor
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd be happy to "win" the operator's manuals for the John Deere x485 and 62C mower deck I bought from your Atlanta store FOUR months ago, as promised by the salesman. N.M.
All I've had are excuses: "They take 30 days when ordered." "I'll check with parts and let you know"
Thanks for the heads up on this. This isn't really the forum for this, but I'm happy to find out what is going on. Please email me: [email protected]

Send me your name/address and date of purchase and I'll follow up with our lawn & garden sales manager and CMO. Your salesman (NM) is actually out of our Muncie, IN location.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
will be placing an order later today.

THANKS GFP!

·
Registered
12,342 Posts
mine went thru successfully:bigthumb: thanks for the chance!

·
Premium Member
7,721 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on this. This isn't really the forum for this, but I'm happy to find out what is going on. Please email me: [email protected]

Send me your name/address and date of purchase and I'll follow up with our lawn & garden sales manager and CMO. Your salesman (NM) is actually out of our Muncie, IN location.

Maybe not the forum for this, but two phone calls got me no where.
After my post, I DID have message from NM when I got in from mowing today.

I knew the salesman was out of Muncie. He said he handled internet sales and agreed to meet at the Atlanta store, where the x495 had been taken in trade.

I PMed you (Jeff) two days before I came and never got a reply. Thinking we might meet in person. I wore my GFP Tee shirt too.

Hopefully this will now get results. Thank You Jeff.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm curious how this works. I'm a web developer and not sure how the pieces are fitting together -- maybe you have a way to do it, but I just wanted to bring it up because, well, I want to win.

I follow the link to GFP from the first post. The GFP link doesn't have any query parameters attached, like a referral link, so you must be tracking people based on the referrer URL, http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/green-farm-parts/84321-its-contest-time-what-do-you-want-win.html. Makes sense. But when I click Contact Us > Contact a Parts Pro it's just a mailto: link. Clicking it goes to my email program and starts a new email, just as I'd expect. But, the trail is lost here: there's nothing in the email that would allow GFP to know that I clicked the Contact a Parts Pro link. I suppose you could know that I came from that link by the subject "Contact Green Farm Parts" but that's hardly a solid connection. But there's nothing to associate that the person sending the email came from GTT. That is, I followed the process and sent an email, but I know there's nothing associating my GTT user with the email I sent. Am I really entered in the right way? :)

·
Registered
22,768 Posts
Went to do my daily entry this morning - when I click on "Contact a Parts Pro" the link does nothing. Maybe it is only active during your regular business hours? I'll try again later.

·
Premium Member
7,721 Posts
Emailed your salesman yesterday and he said he was calling you. Hopefully things got resolved!

He did call yesterday and left a message. Thank you for following up. :good2:

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I'm just curious "how it works" too. When I click the pro dropdown, it tries to link to an email program. Don't have any installed - just use web mail - so don't see any way for this to work for folks like me. Not going to get my panties in a wad about it. Received my first order from you a week or so ago, so obviously your participation here has worked with me. :good2: Only problem I had was deciding whether to use the GTT or TTWT code. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
7,721 Posts
Went to do my daily entry this morning - when I click on "Contact a Parts Pro" the link does nothing. Maybe it is only active during your regular business hours? I'll try again later.
I tried multiple times yesterday and nothing happens after the drop down menu opens from "Contact Us" :nunu:

KARMA is telling me I will not win :banghead:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts