Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gonna ship on Monday, May 2nd. Shane tells me it should be in Alaska on the 16th.

The frost won't be out of the ground by then - but, I hope it's gonna be a little drier!

Here's a few pics.

AKfish

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
congrats

Nothing like a brand new JD being delivered. I almost got a 5075, or it could have been a 5085 or 95, but I settled finally on bigger bucks and bigger tractor due to an unexpected blessing coming my way, got a 6330 cab and loader machine, just beautiful. You will baby your tractor, clean it, pamper it, and own it a long time I'm sure. I'm very happy for you friend, take care of that beauty.

·
Administrator
21,040 Posts
Man that is sexy looking:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
231 Posts
It's ridiculous how much more tractor that is than a 4000 series. And a damn fine looking one at that. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you save all toll vs buying in AK? Can't wait to see some action pics.

Matt:thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
WOW! Let the real work begin. The trick is getting through the waiting now. Very nice. :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
That is a fine machine. You shouldn't have trouble finding stuff to keep her busy.:good2:

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, all. I'm back home now... and now Shane informs me that the ship date is off schedule with the boat transfer!! :mad:

The trucker missed the departure date for the barge line.

It's now supposed to arrive at the end of the month.. Aarrgghh.

Nonetheless, it's still too wet up here to get out on the fields and there's frost in the ground, too! Hate to bury that shiny new beauty in the mud right off the bat!

Just fertilized my biggest hay field yesterday with the 'ol 9N. Even that machine left indents! (My DMax left a couple real ugly ones...)

Didn't even dare to venture out with the 110TLB. Would have been very bad!

Final sale price was around $5,500 LESS to buy out of state. That's after shipping... all inclusive. Local guys have timeshares in Hawaii to pay for you know!!

AKfish

Man, that is a major, heavy duty loader there Caledon! You could hire out for foundation repairs -- pick up one side of the house -- at a time!

·
Administrator
21,040 Posts
Sorry for the setback AK, but it sounds like it might be for the best with the condition of your fields anyway. Can't wait to see some pictures!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Really nice. Exactly the setup I hope to replace the TN75DA with eventually. I love my self leveling loader for pallets and my square bale grapple.

Charley

·
Registered
490 Posts
It is like a kid waiting for Christmas, you can only wait and get more excited as the day gets closer and closer.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Talked with Shane this past Friday and he said the tractor left the dealership on Thursday.

Should be in Tacoma, WA at the dock by the 24th. The boat is scheduled to leave on the 26th.

Depending upon weather, the boat could make the trip in a week.

That would put them here around June 2nd. Unloading could take a few days... might have the tractor home by the 7th.

Sure hope so! This is beginning to wear a "bit thin" on my patience!

AKfish

·
Registered
79 Posts
Man, that is a major, heavy duty loader there Caledon! You could hire out for foundation repairs -- pick up one side of the house -- at a time!
Yes, Frey did a really nice job on the Vertex. Getting the non Deere loader was the hardest decision I had to make when buying the tractor. Wanted SL but didn't like the 563 linkages. I was looking at the ALO Quicke Dimension; SUPER nice however I think close to $2000 more. Then I saw the bigger Vertex on a 7320 and it looked good. Price for the smaller one was almost exactly the same as a 563 SL and the manufacturer is only an hour away so I went for it. Fits the tractor very well and I really like the heavy brace they added to the mount frames to triangulate the whole front of the tractor.

Regards,

Tom

Attachments

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, Frey did a really nice job on the Vertex. Getting the non Deere loader was the hardest decision I had to make when buying the tractor. Wanted SL but didn't like the 563 linkages. I was looking at the ALO Quicke Dimension; SUPER nice however I think close to $2000 more. Then I saw the bigger Vertex on a 7320 and it looked good. Price for the smaller one was almost exactly the same as a 563 SL and the manufacturer is only an hour away so I went for it. Fits the tractor very well and I really like the heavy brace they added to the mount frames to triangulate the whole front of the tractor.

Regards,

Tom
I think if I'd have had the same opportunity to buy the Vertex for the same money as the 563SL - I would have gone with the Vertex, also.

From the pictures it looks like a considerably heavier loader. Maybe I'll Google 'em and check out the specifications.

Does it have a model number, etc.?

Thanks.

AKfish

·
Administrator
21,040 Posts
Really ?, I happen to work at the Tacoma docks. Do you know which shipping line ?
Cool, you can "test drive" it for him:lol:

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Will, actually what would be really cool is if you could post pictures of here on DT of it sitting on the dock.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts