Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent Saturday morning at the JD dealer with the family for their Drive Green event. All four of us got to try out the two tractors that we have been trying to decide between. I took the 2032r for a spin first and really liked it. My wife drove it after me and both of us had the same conslusion. Great tractor, but going to be to big for us size wise and price wise. While I parked the 2032r back in it's spot, the dealer fired up a 1025r with FEL for my wife. She fell in love. This is nice she says. I like this one. I drove it after her and I had to agree. About the perfect size for where I need to use it and the price point is much better. My daughter drove it after me and I had to drag her off so my son to take it for a spin. So we decided that once the van is paid off in July we divert the payments to a 1025r.

Now the karma part... On Sunday it was beautiful out so got the Yard Man push mower, Toro self propelled mower, front tine tiller, and Toro lawn tractor out. Sharpened all the blades, made sure all the oil levels were good, air filters good. Had my wife mow the one area with the tractor and the left side is 1/4" shorter than the right. Tried to level it but found that the left blade was bent. Started up the Yard Man and it worked perfect. Started up the Toro walk behind and went to engage the blade. The blade cable broke instantly. Tried the tiller and it worked great in the first garden. With three feet left to go, the tines stopped. Lift the tiller and they spin again. Hmmm. Pulled the tiller out of the garden and checked that the belt was on, it was. Started it up and engaged tines again. This time it killed the engine immediately and I can't turn the tines by hand. Gearbox that runs the tines siezed up. Ouch. Repair costs more than I paid for tiller.

My wife's response to my troubles? See, they know they are going to replaced in a few months and decided to just quit now. Hopefully I get the new blades for the tractor this week and the Toro walk behind is repaired quick. Otherwise on my day off I'll be mowing 1.7 acres with a 21" push mower. Man I can't wait until August!!!

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
That's funny, just recently paid off my wife's car and my just ordered 1025R is replacing that payment as well (It's actually $1.30 cheaper per month)

I'm nervous as hell right now using my JD180 (even though I've rebuilt darn near everything already) as I expect it to be pissed at me and crap out as I'm trying to sell it. :lol:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,875 Posts
Sounds like......well, good news for ya cheesetrain. How long have you been wanting a tractor?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Cheesetrain, you may want to consider the fact that the implement bonus of $1250 on the 1025R ends June 2nd (it increased from $500 to $1250 April 1, good through June 2, 2014). I don't know what it will be replaced with, but if I recall correctly it went down for summer last year ($1000 to $750?), and then further down in the fall ($750 to $500).

You may not want to wait until July/August. Your tools may be sending you a sign to make the jump now. :thumbup1gif:

·
Administrator
20,917 Posts
Cheesetrain, you may want to consider the fact that the implement bonus of $1250 on the 1025R ends June 2nd (it increased from $500 to $1250 April 1, good through June 2, 2014). I don't know what it will be replaced with, but if I recall correctly it went down for summer last year ($1000 to $750?), and then further down in the fall ($750 to $500).

You may not want to wait until July/August. Your tools may be sending you a sign to make the jump now. :thumbup1gif:
I don't ever recall seeing rebates as high as they are right now. Usually its about $500.

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

You are correct there. Unfortunately just can't make the payments work until August. Believe me I tried to talk them into no payments until August, but no luck. May work on them some more this Friday when I'm renting a tiller from them since mine croaked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cheesetrain, Careful, these guys are relentless at spending someone else's money.
I'd say go for it. :lol:
Believe me that's one of the first things I learned on GTT.....

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did get a $500 dollar off coupon good until December however

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,875 Posts
Since January 2011 when I signed up on GTT. Still have to wait until August but at least I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now.

Nothin better than having your head on straight. Good for you.:good2:

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
And if you do the Drive Green event, you can get either an additional $500 off (or extend the 0% financing out to 72 months - which is what I did.)

$20K out the door @ 72 months was $277.78/month.

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And if you do the Drive Green event, you can get either an additional $500 off (or extend the 0% financing out to 72 months - which is what I did.)

$20K out the door @ 72 months was $277.78/month.
Really?? Hmm, gonna have to look at that card a little better. My wife filled it out while I was helping the kids take the 1025r for a spin. "You break it you bought it" could be a little expensive. I'd take the 0% for 72 in a heartbeat. Even more karma?? If my fridge hadn't died back in March the final van payment would have been made TODAY!!:banghead:

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Really?? Hmm, gonna have to look at that card a little better. My wife filled it out while I was helping the kids take the 1025r for a spin. "You break it you bought it" could be a little expensive. I'd take the 0% for 72 in a heartbeat. Even more karma?? If my fridge hadn't died back in March the final van payment would have been made TODAY!!:banghead:
It's what got me to bite the bullet. kept the monthly payment under the wife's payment so it made no difference from a budgetary standpoint (other than delaying pay-off of some other stuff a little longer as we would have made some double-payments on those if not for the tractor.)

I'm currently using a free 20 yr old refrigerator, and $100 ea stove/dishwasher off of craigslist. next year may be the appliance year....

·
Registered
375 Posts
You are correct there. Unfortunately just can't make the payments work until August. Believe me I tried to talk them into no payments until August, but no luck. May work on them some more this Friday when I'm renting a tiller from them since mine croaked.

When I ordered my 1025R TLB, the wait time was estimated at 4 weeks before shipping (it may be different on the non-backhoe model). The dealer said that as long as we get the tractor ordered in my name during the rebate period, the rebate will be valid even if they don't receive it until after the rebate end date.

Maybe you could talk with the dealer and see if they'll order the tractor later this month (just before the rebate end date), which would potentially extend the first payment date to August depending on when the tractor is received. I certainly wouldn't recommend over-extending your financial means, as every person has a unique budget, but I'd also hate to see someone potentially have to pay $750 more due to timing.

I hope you can work something out with your dealer. If not, hopefully they don't drop the rebate too much.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Heres a thought...dunno if Deere would go for it. But, how about them using the 1250 rebate for the first 3-4 month or so payments?

So...did my part to spend your money :lol:

·
Registered
43 Posts
You could get your application number from the dealer and call John Deere Financial to discuss the skip first payment. If not, I would wait until May 31 to place the order for one. By the time it comes in and is assembled, that will buy you 4-6 weeks. Dealer does not have to pay Deere for 30 days after it comes in, and then first payment is due 30 days from delivery date.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You could get your application number from the dealer and call John Deere Financial to discuss the skip first payment. If not, I would wait until May 31 to place the order for one. By the time it comes in and is assembled, that will buy you 4-6 weeks. Dealer does not have to pay Deere for 30 days after it comes in, and then first payment is due 30 days from delivery date.

I'll have to see what the dealer can do. They most likely won't have to order a tractor in as they have 17 in stock as of Saturday. Sales guy said he'd only have to order in the aerator and 54" blade. They have the loader, mower, bagger and tiller in stock. Doesn't hurt to ask. Worst they can say is no.

·
Registered
43 Posts
That works too. They can delay delivery until all of the items on the Purchase Order have arrived. Can do the finance docs until they have the equipment to finance.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts