Green Tractor Talk banner

It's not just easier, It's possible

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  ColonyPark 
#1 · (Edited)
For those of you on the fence about getting a FEL or BH.

My wife came home with a load of mums on sale. "Dad, can you plant these?" Good grief, where am I going to plant these?

5 minutes to remove 3-point hitch, 10 minutes to install backhoe. A little turf paint to mark out a new flower bed. A little finnessing back and forth with the boom and arm and the grass is removed. Same action to dig down about 12" to loosen soil. Same location stretching out 9' each way. One move forward and finish the middle. Quick run over with the rototiller. Scrape the grass up with the loader, shovel in the last bit and the yard is clean. Plant the mums, add the mulch.

Total time 1 hour 15 minutes. One load of laundry and she was amazed I was done already, got a nice home cooked dinner out of the deal.

I would not have attempted this on a late Sunday afternoon without the equipment I have. Ground is rock hard and full of Kentucky flat limestone slabs. I've put in a large garden, and about 5 flower beds of various sizes. So the cost is about $1,000 per bed applying against equipment cost, but I have only had the 1025R for 7 months. Won't be long before these little Projects will cost less than a nice dinner out.

And getting a nice dinner at home is MUCH better.

Lawn Grass Garden Yard Backyard

Agricultural machinery Soil Vehicle Lawn Grass

Garden Yard Backyard Mulch Lawn

See less See more
#4 ·
Great project

#5 ·
kewl!!!

Reactions: FredHickory
#6 ·
Agree very nice project !

Reactions: FredHickory
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.