Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,479 Posts
You guys will make it snow for us northerners with talk like this! But, I did get a sunburn this past week just sitting outside drinking a couple beers! or three... going to be 70 this afternoon,, then it starts to go downhill.. normal is around 46 degrees here.

·
Premium Member
5,479 Posts
I still have ice on my pond so no peepers yet and Mike, you must have been one heck of a handful for your teachers! I know because it takes one to know one!!! Principles office everyday,, the guy knew my mothers phone number by heart!

·
Premium Member
11,858 Posts
Yep, sure is. Got my first chigger bite last weekend.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Heard the peepers last night here in north west NJ.
FINALLY !!!!

·
Premium Member
5,479 Posts
If Chiggers are out then mosquitoes, may flies, deer flies and the rest of those insipid insects will be out soon! Ticks never go away any more.. I don't think chiggers live around these parts? Never saw one anyway in Ma. YET!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Lousy chiggers. I can feel the pain just reading about em. (n)

Reactions: flyweight and tj1

·
Registered
1,053 Posts

Fresh hatched guineas at my place 🙂

·
Premium Member
5,479 Posts
First robin today also!
We have robins that never leave all winter long. Don't know why? Maybe a different type Robin? To me they all look the same. Snow Birds are still here though..

Reactions: flyweight

·
Premium Member
5,479 Posts
Want some? We've got plenty to spare.
Nope,, my buddy from Louisiana told me about those things getting under your skin, literally.. No thank you,, but I read they are moving towards us and soon they will have winter coats! Great.. I see bugs that we never had when I was a kid, glowing green fly's, strangest beetles ever, bugs that are killing our trees,, and on and on it goes.

Reactions: rtgt and flyweight

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
Very Unpredictable Disposition
14,267 Posts
Mike, you must have been one heck of a handful for your teachers! I know because it takes one to know one!!! Principles office everyday,, the guy knew my mothers phone number by heart!
Yep.
Mom said she should have named me "Little Johnny", because I was always getting in trouble.

If I was missing in a class, the teacher knew I was either on the Monkey Bars or in the Principles Office. :LOL:
The short Nun we had for a Principle was as mean as a Badger in a Hornet's Nest. Mom had to keep an opening in her schedule, 'cause she figured she'd have to come get me at school for some kind of nonsense. (y)
When she'd pick me up, she'd stop a the Dairy Queen to buy me a large chocolate shake. She wanted to keep me hyped up to play outside when we got home, so I'd stay out of her hair. :ROFLMAO:

I miss those days. :cry:

·
Premium Member
5,479 Posts
Wait,,, What,,,, I didn't guarantee anything,,, In fact I said;;; ,, you guys are going to make it snow!!!.. Keep it on for another couple weeks. be patient.. :ROFLMAO: We have had 12"of snow mid April.... And ,, we are going to pay for this 70 degree weather,, oh yes we will!!!! and I got stuck working all day.... Inside in the office!!!! Wait that's for the gear grinder thread,, Sorry.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
We have robins that never leave all winter long. Don't know why? Maybe a different type Robin? To me they all look the same. Snow Birds are still here though..
Yeah, from the news everyone is moving to the southern sun/warm belt because they can now do their job remotely. I keep my change of seasons, that way my blood stays "cold blooded" for our north winters with it's arctic vortexes.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts