Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my 1025R and MANY implements / attachments / toys for my new property, which is still being developed. Due to the completed layout, septic field and actual "lack of lawn" I'm going to end up with...I now have a 60" auto-connect deck with Load-N-Go's that I"m seriously considering selling, or trading. It has NEVER cut a blade of grass, other than testing to make sure it was working properly. In addition, I have (4) 70lb suitcase weights that I will not need, either. My big question is value? The only other tools I need may be a grapple and/or a chipper. What are everyone's thoughts on values / market to sell these?

·
Premium Member
3,840 Posts
The decks when purchased sold private party tend to sit for a long time at a fair price for the seller 75% or more of new - or sell quickly when it's a "too good to be true" deal at 50% or so..... Sorry to share the bad news.

The weights worthless and you should give them to me, ok, they usually go $50-55 when all the paint is intact, and $49 if scratched up. Where are you located? I might be willing to take those weights off your hands at $55/ea if it's not too much of a drive (less than an hour) and $50 if it's under an 1.5hr each way.
Edit: These numbers were based my lack of reading comprehension and were based on 42lb suitcase weights, not the 70s as the OP had stated.

Edit: If you financed the deck with the tractor, technically/legally you're not allowed to sell the deck or even weights until the loan that is secured by them is paid in full. Essentially if you're selling property that you do not own and have no right to sell (per the terms of the Deere Financing) . Your loan will have the deck serial number associated with it. Should the finance company ever come looking for the tractor due to default, the deck is a part of that secured property. Have you reached out to your dealer to see if they'll take it back? I'm sure you'd take a hit on it, but it might not be as bad as you think.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Basicly ...^^^^^^^ He Nailed it

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
It may be worth keeping the deck if you ever plan on selling the machine someday. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Herminator

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Yeah what Jimmy said. Just hang it on a wall or something, keep it for when you sell or trade the machine. And yeah if it was financed with the tractor and the loan is not paid off then you can't legally sell it anyway until it's paid off. Look on your John Deere Financial app or on the website and it will show you under "Collateral" exactly what equipment is part of the loan.

·
Registered
2019 1025R + 120 FEL, RC2048 Rotary Cutter, AP10F Pallet Forks, 60D AutoConnect MMM
98 Posts
I wonder if they dealer would take it back, being as they're so short on supplies these days.

I asked for a quote on my full tractor and got almost what I paid for it with 100hrs on it.

·
Premium Member
17,246 Posts
It may be worth keeping the deck if you ever plan on selling the machine someday. 🤷‍♂️
Then again, not having a deck may help you sell the machine some day. These sub-compacts aren't necessarily the best mowing machines out there. I have a friend with a 1-series with a MMM who stopped mowing with it and went and bought a E-series riding mower.

When my brother was looking for a used sub-compact tractor he already had a nice ZTR and did not want a MMM. There were a lot of nice used machines around but most had mower decks. Fortunately he held out and was able to find a 18-month old Kioti sans MMM with only 9 hrs for a steal. :)

·
Premium Member
1,894 Posts
I acquired a 1025r a couple of years ago. At that time I had a zero turn and I always had a devalued opinion of the belly decks. Consequently I went about trying to sell the deck as you are considering. I could not get a fair offer on the unit and would have had to sell all the attaching equipment. Think goodness I came to my senses. I decided instead of having all the equipment to sell the zero turn as it had considerable age. I properly aligned and adjusted the 60D even upgraded the cradle by adding the heavier carrier bar. Used the existing side parts, just removed the cheaper bar and adding the new heavier bar. I now really enjoy using the mower. It is not as fast as the zero turn but does a nicer job. I actually changed my whole opinion and am glad that I did. Per the previous post if you're financed, you don't own the equipment and I would not recommend any sale as you might be in hot water with Deere and the so called buyer.

·
Registered
647 Posts
70 lb suitcase weights go for a $ 100 new , and if really clean , used $75 to $85
Yeah, I've never seen 70# JD weights at $50-$55 anywhere as MattL has said. If they're out there for that cheap, I'd like to know where!

·
Registered
540 Posts
I purchased my 1025R and MANY implements / attachments / toys for my new property, which is still being developed. Due to the completed layout, septic field and actual "lack of lawn" I'm going to end up with...I now have a 60" auto-connect deck with Load-N-Go's that I"m seriously considering selling, or trading. It has NEVER cut a blade of grass, other than testing to make sure it was working properly. In addition, I have (4) 70lb suitcase weights that I will not need, either. My big question is value? The only other tools I need may be a grapple and/or a chipper. What are everyone's thoughts on values / market to sell these?
Where are you located at?

·
Premium Member
3,840 Posts
70 lb suitcase weights go for a $ 100 new , and if really clean , used $75 to $85
Yeah, I've never seen 70# JD weights at $50-$55 anywhere as MattL has said. If they're out there for that cheap, I'd like to know where!
Oops- I mis read the post, I was thinking the 42's not the 70s... the 75-85 seems fair. I'll happily take all 4 at the $85/ea price point if you're not too far.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have a 2038R on order with JD, mostly because any used I found had a belly mower and/or a back hoe, I wanted neither. I already have a JD X380 with a 54" deck, can still get under trees with it because of no rops bar. I think your weights are gold, atleast it seems the prices dictate that, but the belly mower might be hard to get any real money out of it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
How? My laptop started hanging up, I could see nothing of my post, so reposted, still couldn't see, now I had 3..........

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
14,784 Posts
I hang weights on implements far more than I do on the actual tractor. Ideal way to increase 3ph down pressure on implements, etc......You may regret selling the weights. They are handier than many think.......... I have hung weights on my box blade, core aerator, landscape rake, on rear carry all and plan on throwing them on my Big Tool Rack when I get it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.