Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting information here from this website:JR Peters Jacks Fertilizer comparison to Scotts Miracle-Gro Review Article :bigthumb:

I've been using Jack's Professional aka Jack's Classic All Purpose 20-20-20 for many years. You can water virtually all of your garden with this fertilizer! I use it for both outdoor & indoor plants. I've even used it to revive part of my yard that was dying! It can also be used in both soil & soilless mediums. If you are unsure on how much you should use 1/2 of recommended dose is a good start. If your plants start to claw you are feeding them too much. If they start to fade in color you can probably feed them a little more. You can also use this as a foliage spray (use about .25 normal dose). If your plants are turning yellow or fading in color this will brighten them back up again!
:gizmo:

It's a shame this is not sold anywhere where I live. But it is available on Amazon. Jacks Prof 77010 General Purpose Fertilizer, 20-20-20 Fertilizer, 25-Pound

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
That is an interesting product!! :thumbup1gif:

We are addicted to using Milorganite | Home,,, because we get damaged bags cheap at a surplus shop.

Jacks seems to be a little "powerful"?? :dunno: Do you have to be careful with it??

The last time I used 10-10-10 on tomatoes, we got all plant, and no fruit,,,, so we backed WAY off of fertilizer for them.

With just compost, we get 6 foot tall tomato plants,,,

I would not mind seeing what it would do to corn,,,

·
Registered
770 Posts
:dunno::dunno::dunno:

Head to the local Agronomy shop/Chem Fertilizer dealer. Wilbur Ellis/Helena/Loveland/CPS etc.

Ask for Water soluble 20-20-20, for use in Drip chemigation.

It's the exact same stuff, just a LOT less expensive.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's Highly concentrated so in turn you use more water while mixing and it'll last longer too! They have 4lbs and 10lbs options as well. They're all available on Amazon. Usually a 25lbs bag last me awhile!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts