Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious if there is any jack hammer attachments for the John Deere 260b back hoe ?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,214 Posts
Never heard of such a beast and I doubt they exist.

Those things are typically run by hydraulics and none of the machines that the 260B would fit on produce enough hydro flow to run one. The smallest I've seen for those still need 8 to 10 GPM. I'm not sure how well the 260B boom would do with teh beating either.

Reactions: tj1 and arlen

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the Stanley hand ones say 6-8gpm and the 1025 is 6.8. Was looking for something small . I may make an attachment to put on a small hydraulic jack hammer like hand held one and see if it would work with the flow ! Or make a bracket to hold an electric one and run a cord to it haha

·
Administrator
18,343 Posts
The 1-series only has about 3.5 GPM of available flow, the rest is dedicated to the steering circuit.

Jackhammers beat machines to death, pin and bushing wear and cracked welds are the norm. That is not something you’d want to run on a consumer grade machine. If you have a project the needs one, go rent it and use your tractor to haul away the debris.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
The 1-series only has about 3.5 GPM of available flow, the rest is dedicated to the steering circuit.

Jackhammers beat machines to death, pin and bushing wear and cracked welds are the norm. That is not something you’d want to run on a consumer grade machine. If you have a project the needs one, go rent it and use your tractor to haul away the debris.
Agree 100%.
I used to do demolition years ago, and we looked at one for an excavator we had at the time. After doing some research, the extra time down with the repairs you mentioned werent going to be worth it for the very little we wanted it for. Turned out it was one of those things that we thought would be cool to have, but we managed just fine without it.
Nothing in our area was big enough to need anything like that anyway.

For breaking up big slabs, which is what we were going to use it for, we had an old smaller wrecking ball. Wed just lift it up in the bucket and let it drop. Worked like a charm...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts