Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Vendor
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Our semi-annual filter sale will start in and run the month of January. We are off January 2nd so the sale will likely start January 4th. You will be able to use your GTT discount on top of the sale prices for the sale.

NEVER MIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My wife always tells me I have no patience, and she's right. I just changed the pricing on nearly 3000 filters. The sale is on NOW! Have a great weekend and a safe New Year!

·
Vendor
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Day late and many dollars short

For those who might have missed the edit in the original post - the sale is live now!
Dang, Dang, dang-

I missed the post and spent :gizmo: on a full set of filters.

Once again, a day late and dollars short :banghead:

Treefarmer

·
Administrator
17,980 Posts
That was from last year. :mocking:
It sure was...

That said however, I did receive an email from GFP stating the sale was going on:

·
Premium Member
12,247 Posts
^^But the ad says AG filters - won’t do most of us any good....

Also hate it when ads say “select” items on sale - never what I need....
Your 2520 is listed under "Agriculture tractors" on the JD site. :)

·
Premium Member
13,375 Posts
Ordered my filter kit, couldn't have come a better time, 182 hours now so I'll be doing my 200 hr service in the spring. :good2:

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Your 2520 is listed under "Agriculture tractors" on the JD site. :)
Not doubting you but when did that get changed? Whenever I’ve gone to look up SCUT’s, MCUT’S, CUT’s etc they’re in the Lawn & Garden section :dunno: AG has always started with the 5 series’s and up?

My local dealer chain is organized this way too, they have AG only locations that don’t sell L&G lines and L&G locations that don’t stock AG or construction-the division is L&G is 4 series and below and 5 series and up for AG.

·
Premium Member
13,375 Posts
Not doubting you but when did that get changed? Whenever I’ve gone to look up SCUT’s, MCUT’S, CUT’s etc they’re in the Lawn & Garden section :dunno: AG has always started with the 5 series’s and up?

My local dealer chain is organized this way too, they have AG only locations that don’t sell L&G lines and L&G locations that don’t stock AG or construction-the division is L&G is 4 series and below and 5 series and up for AG.
I just ordered mine for my 1 series and got the discount, plus if you type GTT in promo code you get an additional 7%, so that was 19% savings. :good2:

·
Premium Member
12,247 Posts
As with all things JD, a bit of confusion factor is always included. I have always gone into the AG section and the SCUT/CUT tractors are listed. The AG section includes tractors from 22HP to 640HP which is basically everything they make - EXCEPT Lawn & Garden.

Based on your comment I just went into the Lawn & Garden section and I see along with L&G equipment it also includes tractors from 22 to 66 HP.

So we are both right. :)

·
Premium Member
12,247 Posts
I just ordered mine for my 1 series and got the discount, plus if you type GTT in promo code you get an additional 7%, so that was 19% savings. :good2:
How did you know if you were getting the discount prior to any GTT code? I just checked prices on my 2720 oil filters on GFP and while the filters cost a bit less than the last time I bought them, the prices shown are exactly the same as what my dealer is showing via JD Parts.

Is this a GFP only sale or are all dealers showing the same discounted prices?

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
How did you know if you were getting the discount prior to any GTT code? I just checked prices on my 2720 oil filters on GFP and while the filters cost a bit less than the last time I bought them, the prices shown are exactly the same as what my dealer is showing via JD Parts.

Did you check the price in your cart close to checkout vs the “list” price shown, maybe that’s where GFP drops the price prior to the GTT discount ?

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
As with all things JD, a bit of confusion factor is always included. I have always gone into the AG section and the SCUT/CUT tractors are listed. The AG section includes tractors from 22HP to 640HP which is basically everything they make - EXCEPT Lawn & Garden.

Based on your comment I just went into the Lawn & Garden section and I see along with L&G equipment it also includes tractors from 22 to 66 HP.

So we are both right. :)
Good to know, thanks for looking into it and the explanation :bigthumb::bigbeer:

·
Premium Member
13,375 Posts

I asked the customer service person, it is a 12% discount, pretty sure that's what she said. But looking at the prices they had a slash through them on the site to indicate that they are running a sale price.

·
Premium Member
13,375 Posts
I'm really confused.... Here is my cart on GFP, with the GTT discount:

View attachment 525498

On GreenPartStore it is $46 for same cart, and no discounts.
I'm looking at my invoice now, it will take a minute to figure out because I ordered several items, not all them were subject to the discount.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts