Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I have a model 60 that developed a starting issue rather quickly. It had run fine for a long period. Had I’d shut down for a little less than a week and now it won’t crank. when it failed it had cranked and fired but stalled. When i push on the pedal now I have nothing. Any suggestions ?
has anyone HD a similar experience? I could use some advice. Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
3,494 Posts
Is this a lawn tractor or an Ag tractor? We'll move it to the appropriate section, so it'll get better visibility.

Reactions: flyweight

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
Very Unpredictable Disposition
14,565 Posts
Electric starter pedal? Is this what you are referring to?

If so, sounds like a electrical connection or battery issue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, when depressing the pedal now nothing happens. It was working. Suddenly doesn’t work anymore

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
14,565 Posts
Using a MultiMeter, check the voltage between the Positive battery post and Negative battery post.

·
Registered
13,275 Posts
Yes Sir. Changed battery out as well. Have power on both sides of ignition with key in on position
take the cover off the bottom of tractor-that covers the starter--the rod that deppresses the selnoid might of have broke-or slipped off--once the cover is off u can grab ahold of the rod and see what happens when u try it against the starter then.
had this happen to my model 50 yrs ago--good luck

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
14,565 Posts
Is there voltage at the starter switch(on starter motor)?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Using a MultiMeter, check the voltage between the Positive battery post and Negative battery post.
View attachment 785970
take the cover off the bottom of tractor-that covers the starter--the rod that deppresses the selnoid might of have broke-or slipped off--once the cover is off u can grab ahold of the rod and see what happens when u try it against the starter then.
had this happen to my model 50 yrs ago--good luck
i removed the cover (bottom. Under the starter. I don’t see any access to that end of the starter. Is here any easy method to remove the end housing?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Is there voltage at the starter switch(on starter motor)?
There is no access that i can find to check the voltage at the starter from below. The end housing looks like it would expose more however it looks like a pain to remove

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Have you checked battery ground cable connection at the seat frame. I'll bet seat frame isn't making good connection to rockshaft housing. IIRC battery cable connection on starter is very difficult to access when starter is mounted on tractor

1 - 20 of 23 Posts