Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im trying to figure out how to way my country line 5 ft blade down with weights does any one know what i could use

·
Administrator
22,655 Posts
:wgtt:

Do you have a welder?
Do you have any suitcase weights?
Do you have any old barbell weights?

What is the blade not doing for you that you think you need more weight?
Have you tried to shorten your toplink any? That usually makes it cut in better.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:wgtt:

Do you have a welder?
Do you have any suitcase weights?
Do you have any old barbell weights?

What is the blade not doing for you that you think you need more weight?
Have you tried to shorten your toplink any? That usually makes it cut in better.

i do have a stick welder put no suit case weights or barbell i want to set it up to plow snow this winter with a little lbs added to it

·
Registered
296 Posts
??

Are you looking for cheap or? Can you mount a bucket on it and fill it with rocks?

Or search craigslist for old iron weights.
i was looking more to weld some steel threaded rods ("in diameter) and get some type of weights or fabricate some thing and bolt them down i saw a video by xskiers that i liked and maybe try to copy that or do some similar

·
Registered
587 Posts
01023e PRO,

How are you so sure you'll need blade weights? If you watch closely, that blade is so damn heavy that when I whip it around quickly the front slides. That blade was equipped that way when I bought it from a guy with a 990. It was really just an experiment and I don't think that added weight is necessary for snow removal. My preferred method of snow removal in SE Michigan is the 54 quick hitch blade, rimgaurd in the rears, three point hitch removed. Your results may vary.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.