Green Tractor Talk banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1025R, '30 Ford, '08 Range Rover Supercharged, '63 MGB, '92 300ZX twin turbo, '73 Courier 2.3 turbo
516 Posts
Nice write up and photos but why would one require a horn on a tractor? I thought possibly if the dog gets in the way while cutting the grass. But even then he is smart enough to move. It’s not like a tractor is silent and one can’t hear it coming.

Flashing lights for snow plowing/blowing at night or blizzard conditions is a useful thing for safety. But honestly I do not see the safety factor of a horn on a tractor. Help could be better obtained on cell phone.
Honk the horn to get the wife out with a cold drink or to advise you about what you need to do better/right/over again before you shut down for the day. You might even get a smile half way through if she hears you honk and comes out to survey the job😉

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Nice write up and photos but why would one require a horn on a tractor? I thought possibly if the dog gets in the way while cutting the grass. But even then he is smart enough to move. It’s not like a tractor is silent and one can’t hear it coming.

Flashing lights for snow plowing/blowing at night or blizzard conditions is a useful thing for safety. But honestly I do not see the safety factor of a horn on a tractor. Help could be better obtained on cell phone.
I added a horn about 2 years ago. In my state a horn is required for a vehicle to be used on public roads. I go on the public road to get to neighbors' homes to help them out, so I need one. It might also be helpful to summon help in an emergency. But most of all, the grandkids think it's the best part of the tractor.

Keane

Reactions: GreenTundra!2019

·
Premium Member
2,554 Posts
Horns blow.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Great job! Not a bad idea either.

People don't understand that one fuse is for the one the insert replaces and the other is for the newly added circuit. Those taps are a great invention, I use them often.

If you don't mind my offering a suggestion for the future...pick your self up some of those self soldering, self shrinking wire connectors. They are one of the best things us DIYers can buy for any amount of money! I don't know how I lived without them for so long and they really would have helped on the many dozens of projects.
They are like $10 for a pack of 120 or more in several sizes on eBay or Amazon.
Just hit them with a heat gun and they are sealed and soldered in 5 seconds...no corrosion, no water infiltration, etc.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.