Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
John Deere 1025r
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I have a JD 1025r (2020 model) with 30 hrs on it. Today while mowing it developed some issueS with the hydraulics.

1. The steering was jerky eg it would freeze then free up, freeze and then free up when turning.
2. The 3pl was slow to pick the deck up and when it was in the fully up position it would jump up and down.
3. When I stopped the tractor the 3pl gradually crept down - something it has never done before.
4. It was making some weird noises both at the pump end and under the platform.

I understand the tractor is under warranty but if it is something simple I would like to fix it and keep it moving.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,855 Posts
After youve comfirmed sufficient hydraulic fluid- Do you have a Power Beyond circuit on the tractor? If so was it fully seated? (The Power Beyond loop needs to be closed for proper hydraulic operation.)

Hose above right rear tire completing the loop.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
John Deere 1025r
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After youve comfirmed sufficient hydraulic fluid- Do you have a Power Beyond circuit on the tractor? If so was it fully seated? (The Power Beyond loop needs to be closed for proper hydraulic operation.)

Hose above right rear tire completing the loop.
View attachment 824573
Yes I understand the issue here and no the hoses were connected correctly. I have just gone back and started it again after is has cooled off and it is like the hydraulics have a flow / no flow cycle action to both the steering and 3pl. The linkage is still creeping down. Thanks

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
If the 3pt is coming down on it own ,it could be the drop rate control under the seat just needs to be tightened up.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
its possible the hydraulic pickup screen and or filter is plugged. These tractors used to need to have the hydraulic oil changed at around 50 hrs . I’m not sure if the newer ones need it done this soon. But if it’s never been done it’s something to consider doing.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
Call the dealer and let them fix it.

·
Registered
John Deere 1025r
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
its possible the hydraulic pickup screen and or filter is plugged. These tractors used to need to have the hydraulic oil changed at around 50 hrs . I’m not sure if the newer ones need it done this soon. But if it’s never been done it’s something to consider doing.
Thanks - that’s my job for today, however, not sure why that would cause the linkage to drop?

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
If the 3pt is coming down on it own ,it could be the drop rate control under the seat just needs to be tightened up.
No the rockshaft control valve should hold the 3 point up and if it was to drop it should automatically raise it to the preset height again.

Not sure what serial number that JD stopped requiring it at but there is no mention of a 50 hour trans service in the manual for my 2020 1025R.

Call the dealer and let them fix it.
Being under warranty, this is the only correct answer after you follow the troubleshooting steps in the manual plus common sense like checking the fluid level.

·
Premium Member
3,855 Posts
Not sure what serial number that JD stopped requiring it at but there is no mention of a 50 hour trans service in the manual for my 2020 1025R.
The 50hr trans service was removed before my early model 2017 (H120 Loader & 260 Backhoe) - Also not a part of my manual. In July/Aug of '17 was the release of the 120R loader and 260B Backhoe.

·
Registered
John Deere 1025r
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No the rockshaft control valve should hold the 3 point up and if it was to drop it should automatically raise it to the preset height again.

Being under warranty, this is the only correct answer after you follow the troubleshooting steps in the manual plus common sense like checking the fluid level.
Ok - so took the screen out - not much at all on the screen or magnet, sump plug pretty clean and oil looked OK (which it should for 30 hours!) - so issue doesn’t seem to be a simple one. Have just sent the dealer an email outlining the issue. I will talk to him tomorrow about getting it fixed.

Thanks to all for your suggestions and help.

·
Premium Member
3,855 Posts
Ok - so took the screen out - not much at all on the screen or magnet, sump plug pretty clean and oil looked OK (which it should for 30 hours!) - so issue doesn’t seem to be a simple one. Have just sent the dealer an email outlining the issue. I will talk to him tomorrow about getting it fixed.

Thanks to all for your suggestions and help.
Oil should look basically the same as now at 200hrs too.

Good luck with the fix, please be sure to post up what the outcome/resolution is.

·
Registered
John Deere 1025r
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well the Deere guys came out and tried to fix it in my shed. It was doing all the things I had explained it was doing. So in frustration the mechanic loaded onto his car trailer and took it the 100km back to the dealership. He went to show his boss the next morning what it was doing and everything was back to normal - they stress tested it for a couple of hours an could not get it to fault.

If you are interest in reading a bit more about this issue I suggest you go to You Tube and search "Tractor Therapy" (BTW this is not me) and select the video with the orange rake behind the !025r. Would seem this is more common than expected and possibly due to crap lodging in the value bodies / relief valves. Something Deere needs to address!!

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a hydraulic issue, my mowing deck and 3 point hitch will not go down. I tried both separately and together which tells me its something in the hydraulics for the rear. My bucket loader works fine. Any ideas out there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a hydraulic issue, my mowing deck and 3 point hitch will not go down. I tried both separately and together which tells me its something in the hydraulics for the rear. My bucket loader works fine. Any ideas out there.
Try the rate of drop valve. There is a twist knob below the seat near the diff lock. Make sure that isn't tight. If it is, the 3point won't drop.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts