Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems the most common XB tiller is the 48". Is anyone running the 54" on their 1025R? With hopes of updating my 1025R in a couple years, I wanted to purchase the KK XB54 because it is rated for a little more hp, plus the obvious of being wider to cover the tire tracks of a larger tractor. What's been your experience?

Reactions: Tractor Tim

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
We got that tiller for my girlfriend. She has a 1023, so even a little less pto power than the 1025. I had to add long lower pins and modify the spacer on the bolt that resides behind the top link so that it would work with an Imatch hitch.
It is a pretty well built tiller and being near 550lbs it is her only source of ballast right now when she uses her loader.
She has tilled lawn into a riding arena, so a pretty large patch of ground. Seems like the hardest stuff we have tried. Doing that you may need to ride the brake a little bit because the tiller will push you forward and overeat, leading to a stall.

She has a decent garden, about 120' x 180' and she tills in horse manure for fertilizer. Last fall I watched her till her way through standing corn stalks, turning them into confetti, I was amazed.
Since the garden gets tilled maybe 4 or 5 times a year the tractor hardly has to work to run it in there.

I have borrowed it from her and our machines will lift it onto a pickup tailgate using a pallet and forks. She has had no mechanical issues or leaks in just over two years of ownership. I think she paid about $1400 out the door.

I did not have to shorten the pto driveshaft using Deere Imatch quick hitches, I'm certain I would have had to without them.
This tiller is perfect width for these tractors, easily covers your tracks.

Any other questions, just ask.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have had a king cutter 60" tiller on my 2012 1026r - It is heavy and requires the front bucket installed for ballast
we disk the field first and till at full depth with no problem in the clay soil of upstate NY
the key is properly setting up the slip clutch to prevent damage to the PTO and tilling in 4WD LOW

·
Premium Member
19,598 Posts
I have a 48" Bush Hog tiller , if I had to do it over I would go with a 54" or 60".

Main reason like you said to help cover tire width.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have rented a 65" rotory tiller from Sunbelt several times , I think its the Frontier RT1265, because its 65" wide, weighs in a 628 lbs. My 1025r, tears up my field with this tiller without breaking a sweat, the only issue, is that the PTO driveshaft is a little too long, so I have to extend the top link out in order to compensate, otherwise I can't lower the tiller all the way down, of course if it were mine, I could easily shorten the PTO driveshaft to accommodate my 1025r, With that said, I think the 55" is a great choice

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.