Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!

Getting my new 1025R tomorrow. Front end loader and 60" deck.

I already ordered the upgraded seat springs and plan to jumper the RIO as soon as I get it.

I was wondering if anyone has installed an aftermarket steering wheel on their tractor. Like maybe one from a Gator, carbon fiber look. I like a thick steering wheel. I cant find anyone that has done this.

Thanks,

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,464 Posts
:wgtt:

You may not want to do that. The steering on these tractors are of a full hydraulic kind. There is no mechanical linkage coupled directly to the front wheels. This means the steering wheel won't come back to its original spot. A lot of members here have spinners on their steering wheels and it's never in the same spot. You get used to it pretty quick though.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts

That steering wheel would look cool though....But as Diesel said,,,,, I have a spinner and it is all over the place.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys!

Did not know this. Oh well!! I just cant wait to get caught up on my mowing this weekend since my 20yr old riding lawn mower died 3 or 4 weeks ago. Surprised it lasted as long as it did.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,629 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Gizmo,

Being a Harley Guy I just cant leave well enough alone. But I can see this toy getting a lot more expensive than the Harley!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts