Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to help my son out. He's not a member (yet) so I'm cross posting this from another board.

He recently purchased a 110 backhoe with 1700hrs that did not move when I bought it. I've seen on different forums that it is mostly electronic so I bought it. When I got it home and starting looking at the forward/reverse potentiometers they were good. Kept digging and found the proportional valves were only getting a couple volts. Bought a new computer re-calibrated it and it moves. Great so I thought. It moves but does not have any torque. On flat ground it move both directions but would be stuck if it's off a hard surface. Will not move in c range only a range with the throttle half open. Started getting code of ground speed sensor so I replaced it with a new one. Didn't work. Throttle position sensor checks fine. Does the throttle sensor really keep the machine from having no torque??

I put the out riggers down and raise the back tires put tranny in c range wide open tires spin at road speed. However there is no torque behind it.

I'm starting to get worried it is the tranny. Fluids changed filters changed suction filter clean all hoses hard lines good.

I did the charge pump test to makes​ sure the charge pump is sending 200psi

Anybody have any other ideas? I'm at a lost besides the tranny is bad but boy that to me is hard to believe that going out.

No codes but no power.
All the gear ranges to function fine.
Creeper works as specified.
New hyd oil and filters no debris found in filter or used oil but I suspect the oil was changed before I bought it.
Could it be in the anti stall feature?
Lastly if it should be in the primary pump are they servicable or are there any shops around that does repairs on them? $3800 for a new unit.. (ouch)

Thanks for any ideas you may have to offer

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We're thinking now that it about has to be in the primary pump being weak. We took the hoe off today and it runs better probably because it weigh's less.

Comments welcome.

TIA

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Check the relief valves? :think:

·
Registered
918 Posts
If you have an amp tester, check for amperage at the proportional valves when at full speed. If serial number is below 410156,should be 950ma going to proportional valves. If after 410156, should have 1800ma. If that doesn't check ok, then unhook throttle sensor and recheck. Unhooking throttle sensor disables the load match(anti-stall) feature.

·
Registered
177 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So an update and thank you for all that helped.

It's at the dealer and would only build 1500 psi on the high pressure side.

So it's a new Hydro, it's installed and seems to work fine it's just not completely assembled yet.

Again hanks to all.

·
Administrator
17,084 Posts
Thanks for the continued updates, sorry to hear it needed a new hydrostat though!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes the ew hydrostat fixed the issue. Unit works fine now. It's a nice size hoe my son should get a lot of good out of it.
Hard to believe it's went out at 1700.hrs even if it had minimal care. The bad part is that JD offers no support for replacement parts, so you have to buy the complete unit. Oh well we have some spare parts now JIC.

Thanks again for the replies.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts