Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on-line and searching for info about my loader and came across this drawing of the loader bucket with tines. My loader has holes as shown but no tines (I had thought the holes were for teeth or tooth bar). I'm curious about how long they are and what was the intended use. They don't look long enough for bale spears the way they would be mounted - more of a rake use.

I would appreciate anything you might recall about these. Thanks !

175 loader bucket.jpg

IMG_0195.JPG

·
Registered
140 Posts
My JD 48 loader I put on my 4010 has them. They are for manure. They work really good to. They have different sizes. I also have the add on dirt scoop that bolts on to the bucket and has loops in the front that the manure spikes go through.

·
Premium Member
7,586 Posts
The only thing I could find on jdparts is they weigh 10lbs each and cost $115 each (without hardware)

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Chuck and Zebra five. This bucket would use nine tines so over $1,000. Hey, that takes care of my curiousity.

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
We've used them for silage and mixed feeds. When hay comes out of the grinder it gets mixed with loose alfalfa and moved with the bucket tines.

I've got a photo somewhere of an old G with a massive loose hay stacking loader that instead of a bucket, had a set of tines.

·
Registered
140 Posts
We've used them for silage and mixed feeds. When hay comes out of the grinder it gets mixed with loose alfalfa and moved with the bucket tines.

I've got a photo somewhere of an old G with a massive loose hay stacking loader that instead of a bucket, had a set of tines.
You know reading this reminded me that my dad used to feed silage. I would have been real little and just toddling around. I had completely forgotten. I know he used that tractor and loader but for the life of me I don't remember using those tines. I assume he did however. The only thing I remember using them on was manure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts