Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of getting a thumb BXexpanded for my JD back hoe 270A.
Anyone have one and any feedback appreciated.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
They are a GTT supporting vendor, check out their forum section.

BXexpanded

·
Registered
524 Posts
You know a thumb for a backhoe is really useful in many ways. I started building a retaining wall out of railroad ties about 150' long at different levels with a small cat excavator without a thumb. Gave me hell so I went back out to work( I worked for cat at the time) and got the thumb kit and installed it on another bucket and finished job. That's the best thing for any hoe is a thumb. Trust me you will find very creative ways to use it all the time. Very good overall tool to have in the arsenal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback :thumbup1gif:
Thought I would let you know BX expanded did get back to me for the thumb for a 270A. The thumb for the 260 will NOT fit on my 270. They may have them available at some point but nothing is available now.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thought I would let you know BX expanded did get back to me for the thumb for a 270A. The thumb for the 260 will NOT fit on my 270. They may have them available at some point but nothing is available now.
I have the JD thumb for the 270a bh. Very useful, but if I remember correctly it wasn't cheap. $695 I think. It was rolled into the deal when I bought my machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts