Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With winter finally getting started here in SE PA, I needed to complete the final installation of the electric chute rotation on the Frontier SB1148 (same as SB1154). I needed to make it all controllable from the seat because I switch directions at each end of the driveway. The speeds could be a little faster, but this will work better for positioning control as I sometimes need to shoot the snow through very specific areas.

The joystick replaces the 12V aux power plug on the side operator console and I tapped into the power for that as it has a 10A fuse. The fwd/rev modules "just" fit into the void under the console cover. I wanted to make this a clean/permanent installation so I put quick connects at the back of the tractor so I can plug/unplug when I hook it up. I don't plan to have the snow blower connected unless I am using it due to the overall length (doesn't fit in garage).

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I took some pictures along the way in case anyone had questions about how the installation went. Overall, very pleased with how it came together.

Automotive tire Hood Musical instrument Vehicle Automotive lighting
Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior

Air gun Wood Trigger Machine gun Gun barrel
Green Sink Kitchen sink Plumbing fixture Motor vehicle

Electrical wiring Circuit component Cable Wire Electrical supply
Circuit component Electrical wiring Hardware programmer Electrical supply Gas

Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Automotive lighting Gas Cable
Automotive tire Door Motor vehicle Fixture Rim

Tire Wheel Green Bicycle tire Automotive tire

·
Super Moderator
6,919 Posts
Where did you get the coupler for the motor-to-manual chute rotation control setup? I need one!

Reactions: DeereGuy316

·
Registered
J.D 2038r
522 Posts
I have the hydraulic set up on my Frontier SB1154 on my 2038r as Jester 2320 said it is crazy fast !

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where did you get the coupler for the motor-to-manual chute rotation control setup? I need one!
It is a 3/8" to 3/8" coupler. I drilled it out to 1/2" on the snow blower side to be the adaptor. I then used a 3-4" piece of 1/2" round stock to go into the screw connector with a hole for the connection bolt. It was plenty thick as I still have 1/4" of wall left.

Climax Part RC-037 Mild Steel, Black Oxide Plating Rigid Coupling, 3/8 inch bore, 3/4 inch OD, 1 inch Length, 1/4-20 x 3/16 Set Screw: Rigid Shaft Coupling: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

·
Premium Member
17,073 Posts
Where did you get the weather proof joystick?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reactions: jgayman

·
Premium Member
17,073 Posts

·
Administrator
22,652 Posts
Reactions: sureshotbob

·
Registered
J.D 2038r
522 Posts
Kenny its fast but I don't consider it a problem .
I'm just happy I can adjust the chute from inside the cab .

Reactions: Kennyd

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, we got a "little" snow and of course, I needed to try out the new hardware!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Top job man. I too live in SE PA (Berks county) and this is exactly what I want to do with my SB1154 on my Gen 1 2032R. I want to put a cab on it next year and need to address the manual shoot rotation. Do you recall which motor and linear actuator you used?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts