Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my tractor the other day, with the mauser cab, really like this thing, only thing is that when I'm revering, it is as slow as a snail, is there something that I'm missing?

·
Premium Member
2,603 Posts
I got my tractor the other day, with the mauser cab, really like this thing, only thing is that when I'm revering, it is as slow as a snail, is there something that I'm missing?
Parking brake off?

·
Premium Member
13,122 Posts
These are the ground speeds listed in the manual. Are you anywhere close to these?

[h=3]Ground Speeds[/h]All ground speed calculations shown are with machine equipped with R4 tires and operated at 3200 engine rpm.

Forward and Reverse Low Range
9.0 km/h (5.6 mph)
Forward and Reverse High Range
19.8 km/h (12.3 mph)

·
Premium Member
2,603 Posts
The reason I suggested checking the parking brake is I have left it on before and tried going in reverse and it stops the tractor much better than if I left it on and tried going forward. Reverse shouldn't be snail pace.

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Has it always been this way since the cab has been on?
If so, its likely something was knocked out of adjustment when the cab was installed.

If its something you want to try to tackle, I believe the adjustment procedure has been posted here before, but maybe someone could post it in this thread, if its doable for you.
If not, maybe have your dealer check it out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well seeing as the tractor is only 2 days old I will let them come out and check it!!! I just thought that maybe it was something simple

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, service guy came out, tried it out and told my wife that it was slower in reverse but he didn't know how fast it should be so he was going back and research it, one would think that he would know that before he showed up!!

·
Premium Member
13,122 Posts
So, service guy came out, tried it out and told my wife that it was slower in reverse but he didn't know how fast it should be so he was going back and research it, one would think that he would know that before he showed up!!
Did anyone read the Operator's Manual?

The maximum forward and reverse speeds are clearly listed in the manual.

Reactions: PJR832
1 - 8 of 8 Posts