Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 20255 is about 4 years old and has 163 hours on it. I noticed my rear tires have the middle tread with chunks missing from it. See pictures. I have a backhoe attached and a loader bucket. I seldom take the hoe off. Tractor is used for moving mulch, dirt etc and snow in winter.Anyone else every see this issue before, could it be a mfg issue or something else. Thanks.

·
Registered
80 Posts
My R4s have a couple places like that with about 325 hrs on them. Probably half of my hours have been on concrete and rock. Also tore out a lot of concrete in the early years. I attribute it to rock cuts on mine and yours looks similar.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Kinda looks like what happened to the center of my R4 tires, although mine happened within about 20 hours of new.
Mine were a manufacturing defect, and replaced.
Mine had other symptoms too, like being an odd shape compared to others of the same size.
Id think if yours were a defect, it would have happened much sooner.

You might look at load rating, as I know the R3s arent rated as high as the R4. It could be a simple as that combined with a bit of slippage while using it that caused that.
Also, as has been mentioned, it could be cuts from rock or other hard surfaces.
Do you use it much on stone?

Reactions: Logan

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Didn't we already do this topic......looks familiar

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My R4s have a couple places like that with about 325 hrs on them. Probably half of my hours have been on concrete and rock. Also tore out a lot of concrete in the early years. I attribute it to rock cuts on mine and yours looks similar.
Yes, I do use on rock occasionally but not what I would call all the time. Primarily in the woods.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Looks like pretty clean cuts. Any chance you hit a metal culvert?

Either way, if you think it's a defect I'd talk with your dealer. Worst that can happen is they say NO.

Just be respectful unless you don't value that relationship anyway. Having previously worked in the auto business I know the bs people will try to get warrantied and then get all fussy when it's denied.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like pretty clean cuts. Any chance you hit a metal culvert?

Either way, if you think it's a defect I'd talk with your dealer. Worst that can happen is they say NO.

Just be respectful unless you don't value that relationship anyway. Having previously worked in the auto business I know the bs people will try to get warrantied and then get all fussy when it's denied.
No, no culverts where I drive the tractor. Just think is very odd to see this only on the middle tread. If I spun the tires on some rocks I think all the treads would show the same damage. Anyway just thought I would mention it to see if any others have experienced this issue. I don't think its a safety issue just don't know why this would get cut up like the pictures show. I appreciate all the responses.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts