Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to upgrade my JD425AWS to a used JD 2032r compact tractor. I will be mowing about 6 acres in a field plus my lawn. I would like to know what other owners might recommend either the 62" mower deck or the 72" mower deck. And if both mower decks have the drive over quick connect feature. Thank you.:usa:greentractorride:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Are you looking at Gen 1 or 2 2032R?

I can tell you that the Gen 1 2032R with a 72" deck is not drive over and is not quick attach. This is the setup I have though and it really isn't hard to set up. The cut quality is pretty good too.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
The Gen 1 is the older, previous model. The Gen 2 is the new, current model.

Gen 1:
2014-John-Deere-2032R-Loader-Dump.jpg

Gen 2:
2032r.jpg

·
Registered
935 Posts
If you’re going with a tractor that big make sure and get the 72”. I have the 2038 with the 72” and it does great. I can’t see using any smaller of a deck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
If you owned both (my last two mowers were 60 then 72") you would find the 6 foot cut mower mows close to twice as fast,,

It is MUCH more than one foot difference,, overlap, more width, fewer turn arounds,, etc,,,

I would never mow with a 60" deck again,,

I have a Gravely with a 40",, which is wide compared to some rider mowers,,
When I use that thing around the garden,, it seems like the mower is doing NOTHING!! :dunno:

:laugh:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a 2032r Gen2 with the 72" drive over auto connect and it does a great job and the width really does cut down on time.
The best deck I ever had was a 60" Gravely it was nice because it had 4 pneumatic tires on the corners so it left the yard looking beautiful.
The 72" has anti scalp wheels but they aren't the same.

I've also had a JD 2305 with a 54c which was my least favorite and a JD 455 with a 60 it does a good job.

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
I have the 72" deck on my 2038R and it cuts beautifully. I would recommend it for your application over the 60" deck. A larger tow-behind finish mower is also an option.

Sincerely

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gen. 2 year of manufacture?

Just wondering when the Gen. 1 2032 ended and the year the Gen. 2 2032 started manufacture? Thanks to all.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Just wondering when the Gen. 1 2032 ended and the year the Gen. 2 2032 started manufacture? Thanks to all.
I believe 2017 was the first year for the current model.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts