Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,145 Posts
Welcome from NW NJ.
I recently traded up from a 1025R to the 2038R. Going on 10 months and so far no issues other than the backhoe taking 7 months to get. You're going to love this machine.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Have ordered a 2022 john deere 2038r does anyone have one and what problems should I be looking for if any thank you
I just had my Delivered on Saturday (Ordered in January). No issues yet, but will keep you posted. What all are you getting with yours? What sort of work will you be doing with it?

·
Premium Member
Tator
16,969 Posts
Reactions: Pigpen

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a 2025r gen1. Be sure and find the driveshaft grease zerks and fo them every 50 hours. I missed mine and had to have that shaft replaced after 400 hours. Not sure though if your model has these or not, but be sure and check for them

·
Registered
153 Posts
My 2038R is now a year old with 110 hours.
The only issue that I had was with the MMM going out of alignment and a small leak on the backhoe hydraulic hose.

The technician fixed both problems in my driveway.

·
Premium Member
2020 2038R w220R MSL
227 Posts
Mine has thrown a few engine error codes. Only one required the dealer to repair it. It was a loose ground at only a handful of hours. On a -degree F day last winter it threw a ECU error regarding intake manifold pressure on startup, 102.10. That turned on the stop engine light which i heeded. Called the dealer and discussed. We decided to run it long enough to get some heat into it and the code went away, not to reappear.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just had my Delivered on Saturday (Ordered in January). No issues yet, but will keep you posted. What all are you getting with yours? What sort of work will you be doing with it?
60" mower deck 220 loader with 3rd function 2 hyd hookups on rear and a 62" tiller I have a new flail mower that is waiting on tractor use cleaning up an old farm

·
Premium Member
3,631 Posts
You are going to love that model, one of the most popular.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Finally got some work done with my 2038R! A couple of observations;
1. My tires are filled and I have spacers, but my Heavy Hitch isn't here yet. I need that Heavy Hitch. Even with filled tires, more ballast is clearly called for.
2. Hooks on the bucket are great. Using a chain and the hooks, I removed maybe two hundred feet of old sheep fencing that had been invaded by brush, small trees and so forth. Great fun. I just needed more weight behind the tires, so that when I backed up a rear tire doesn't come off the ground.
3. This thing is seriously strong. In four wheel drive on good ground, it didn't even grunt before the tires dug in. Loads of power.
4. I should have bought one of these years ago. Even just as a powered wheelbarrow, this gizmo is worth every penny.

I understand that many (perhaps most) believe that the same work can be done with a 1025 or such, and I'm sure that is true. I'm glad I have this.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Sounds like they are heavy, made in china and welds leave something to be desired. No personal experience. People seem to like the EA ones.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts