Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New (one day) to the Deere world.
Picked up JD 212, my grandsons and I will be busy for awhile. The poor Deere needs wo....wo....work!

There's a TSC down the road and we like the Huskee Kevlar belts. Had success using these in the past.
We save $$$, retirement $$$ is low.
Are the primary and secondary belt sizes available? :unknown:

·
Registered
62 Posts
38" deck Primary M47766 shows as 80.1 x .56 wide on outdoorpower and GPS. Secondary M82538 shows as 62.25 x .5 wide on outdoorpower and 63.25 on GPS You may want to price JD parts as they are pretty cheap on these. Should you have a different deck, let us know.

·
Premium Member
5,988 Posts
The belts will be available no doubt from Deere. Find out what belt is required by motor size and hp as it is old enough it may not be the original motor. If it is a 12hp KOHLER I think these are them. Find out how much they are and we will work something out. I have no use for them anymore and they are new.

You can pm me if you find out they are correct and your interested.

I should have said these are the primary drive belts for the transmission. Short from engine to variator and long from variator to trans.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
38" deck Primary M47766 shows as 80.1 x .56 wide on outdoorpower and GPS. Secondary M82538 shows as 62.25 x .5 wide on outdoorpower and 63.25 on GPS You may want to price JD parts as they are pretty cheap on these. Should you have a different deck, let us know.

New at this what are outdoorpower and GPS? :dunno:

·
Super Moderator
2,708 Posts
Only use JD belts on these older tractors. They're spec'd specifically for the purpose they were designed for. Deere specs their belts, not only be length and width, but the angle of the v also. This is very important as it will provide better fit in the pulleys, and will out perform and outlast any aftermarket belt that you may get from TSC or any other source. As mentioned, they're not as overpriced as some aftermarket belts, are readily available from Deere, and will have better performance and durability, since they are made to fit properly.

Reactions: Herminator
1 - 6 of 6 Posts