Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, was wondering if anyone out there could shed some light I am having with our old JD 2130. I’m not sure how many different variants there were, but ours is 2 WD and has 2 gear leavers (park-high-low-reverse) and 1-4 (I read somewhere some have a hydraulic high/low – ours definitely does not).

Basically when the PTO is off, I lose all hydraulic power – steering, brakes, bucket etc. If I turn the PTO on, I get hydraulic power and steering etc.

Needless to say this is a bit dangerous as the main thing the tractor is used for is slashing – so not being able to turn the PTO and hence slasher off when moving around between jobs and having a live slasher is disconcerting to say the least. Currently I turn the machine off, disconnect the slasher drive from the PTO then start it up to move it as a best work-around.

Anyone know the 2130 hydraulics well enough to be able to give some tips as where to look for the problem? I am guessing there is a blockage in the main hydraulics, but when the PTO is engaged there is some alternative route the hydraulic oil can go down?

·
Premium Member
9,657 Posts
Or the line to the PTO brake is broke and all oil flow is going to sump. It will require splitting the tractor. Replace the PTO clutch line too, when you have it split. I had the same thing with my 2030, only it was the PTO clutch line. The replacement line was beefier than the original line.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.