Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
This is my first post here as a newbie tractor owner and I'm so glad to have found this place!

I purchased my first tractor a couple of weeks ago, a JD 2210 with 400 hours. I just made room in the garage to keep it and removed the 62" mower deck for now. I noticed that there was a little puddle of hydraulic fluid on the deck itself and now showing on the concrete floor after removing the deck. There were several fluid spots in a spread out area on the concrete underneath the middle of the tractor. I looked underneath and sure enough it was dripping from multiple locations! After panicking I had a closer look and finally removed the little plastic access hatch near the brake pedal and shone a light inside. I could see hydraulic fluid dripping down somewhat steadily from the bottom of a round part and hitting the top of the spinning drive shaft which was then flinging it everywhere. I think the round piece is the bottom of the SCU or Steering Control Unit but again I'm a complete newbie with all this. I'm just looking for some feedback from others that are familiar with the JD 2210 and maybe some advice on what my next course of action should be.

Thanks & Regards,
~jim

·
Registered
147 Posts
Jim,
Here is a link, hope you can open it and it will get you to a place where I would start. :bigthumb::bigthumb::bigthumb::bigthumb::bigthumb:

JD 2210 Upper Driveshaft Greasing - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information

I have a JD 2210 and have had it for 10 plus years, I do the above every 200 hours. On the drive shaft. It is a costly repair to let it go without greasing the U-joints on drive shaft. I found this link and it was very informative. Accurate. and well worth the time to get to know your equipment.

Good luck,
waltmart

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,819 Posts
:wgtt:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you waltmart! I'll definitely be checking out the driveshaft and giving it the preventative maintenance mentioned in your link. Appreciate the welcome Gizmo2!

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
Welcome from northeastern Pennsylvania.

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,901 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

·
Registered
640 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I sold my 2210 this past winter. It had almost 2400 hrs on it. Great little machine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
A fine welcome indeed! I'd be very happy with 1500 hours additional operating time on this tractor's current 405 hours ideally and if possible like other reports I've read for the JD2210 :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
12,503 Posts

TFM3124---boy we have to kinda close to each other-if i claim to be from South western Pa.:dunno::laugh: maybe i'm closer to u(central) than i am to the Ohio side of the state.:dunno:

anyways great u found this place-as its a wealth of information for sure.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm in Dauphin, PA just north of Harrisburg...

TFM3124---boy we have to kinda close to each other-if i claim to be from South western Pa.:dunno::laugh: maybe i'm closer to u(central) than i am to the Ohio side of the state.:dunno:

anyways great u found this place-as its a wealth of information for sure.:bigthumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts