Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey all,

After reading this post I'm hoping a slipping rim is also my only issue. Going to give it a closer look tomorrow when there's some daylight.

Recently completed the 200hr service earlier than scheduled since she was feeling sluggish, which I think has generally helped. However, I was experiencing low power transfer in the rear axle before the fluid swap. When in 2 wheel drive, the axle doesn't seem to catch in the transmission, thus slipping, just as the original posting described (no power to go up hill).

But after today while pushing snow I noticed the inside rim on one tire is leaking juice, I'm hoping to get lucky with a quick fix, even though it seems suspicious that I don't hear/see the rim spinning viciously when I'm pedal down going nowhere.

I'd also love to hear if there was any resolution.

·
Registered
2 Posts
UPDATE: the stems had gone bad from the RimGuard, so I had them drained and new stems put in without the juice. That stuff was starting to be more trouble than it was worth.
But the rear drive is still slipping so I’m right back where I started. Needing insight into what’s the problem and solution.

thoughts?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts