Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having the exact same issue as found in this thread: 2440 Rockshaft Operating Arm Disconnect.

I wasn’t sure how everyone felt about reviving an old thread so I started another. That thread got me started (tons of good info) and I have ordered the parts needed. The shaft that the operating lever attaches to has broken where it enters the rockshaft housing.
My question: Is there a way to manually bleed or bypass the cylinder to lower it before removal? Or do I need to? Service manual says it needs to be all the way down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you TxJim! There is a bush hog attached but I can remove it fairly easily. It is fairly small and lite.
Another question, I noticed several pictures and diagrams from a section of the tech manual that I don’t seem to have. My version doesn’t have anything in the 70 section past subsection 20. Looks like there is a section 70-30 I don’t have that details the lever and parts?

·
Premium Member
7,898 Posts
Thank you TxJim! There is a bush hog attached but I can remove it fairly easily. It is fairly small and lite.
Another question, I noticed several pictures and diagrams from a section of the tech manual that I don’t seem to have. My version doesn’t have anything in the 70 section past subsection 20. Looks like there is a section 70-30 I don’t have that details the lever and parts?
My 2030 tech manual has in Section 70 Hydraulics AFTER Group 20
Group 25 Hydraulic Brakes
Group 30 Rockshaft system
Group 35 SCV, Breakaway Couplers, & Remote Cylinder
Group 40 Specifications & Special Tools

Reactions: Mcwalton

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine has those systems listed. Just not in the detail shown in some of the pics I have seen. No biggie. Research on this site is doing wonders to fill in the blanks. Such a great resource!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts