Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm wondering if someone can help me figure something out I saw on YouTube. I've recently purchased a 47 acre parcel of land with mostly bush. I've found a good deal on a JD 2520 with loader and backhoe. I'm going to want a front mount blower but don't like the John Deere offerings. I want to get a Frontier SB1154. I've seen a YouTube video with this exact set up ...

image.jpg

I'm not able to find any information regarding the brackets I would need, model numbers for the lift system, quick hitch? Is this a "one of" custom job? I hope not because it's awesome.

Many thanks!!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Hiya,

Lorenz and Erskine make front mounts for cat 1 and 2 3pt blowers on compact and utility tractors.

Tom

·
Super Moderator
5,293 Posts
That's a custom built package someone put together. They built a frame for the front end to support a QuickHitch and then attached the blower to the QuickHitch. Assuming they used the mid-PTO they must have replaced the gears in the SB1154 gearbox as well. Otherwise, that thing is running waaaaay over-speed.

Reactions: Superglidesport

·
Administrator
20,982 Posts
That's a custom built package someone put together. They built a frame for the front end to support a QuickHitch and then attached the blower to the QuickHitch. Assuming they used the mid-PTO they must have replaced the gears in the SB1154 gearbox as well. Otherwise, that thing is running waaaaay over-speed.
If you take a PTO driven implement designed for 540 RPM and then use the mid PTO which is 2100 RPM, yup, it's being over-driven almost 4 times over rated speed.

·
Super Moderator
5,293 Posts
If you take a PTO driven implement designed for 540 RPM and then use the mid PTO which is 2100 RPM, yup, it's being over-driven almost 4 times over rated speed.

Yup. Exactly my thinking. :good2:

They may have used one of those wrap-around PTO setups that bring the rear PTO up front. That's how Erskine runs their front mount blowers. Lots of extra parts to get that done though.

Reactions: johnH123

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
maybe just make a reducing-gear box that mounts to the front weight bracket?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Listening to the video, he may be running the mid-PTO at idle. Still not a smart thing to do I wouldn't think though.

ETA: Nope, nevermind. Watched the whole thing, definitely not idle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts