Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking through this assembly drawing trying to figure out what the button connects to to lock the arm in place. The button on mine is very loose when i push it and doesn't lock in any position.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
I've been looking through this assembly drawing trying to figure out what the button connects to to lock the arm in place. The button on mine is very loose when i push it and doesn't lock in any position.
This is apparently the new 260. I do not recognize any much of that breakdown. All I can say is they must have complicated a simple thing again. This is supposed to be the back hoe?
Bill

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
This is apparently the new 260. I do not recognize any much of that breakdown. All I can say is they must have complicated a simple thing again. This is supposed to be the back hoe?
Bill
OOPS, see this is NOT in the SCUT Forum. No wonder it looks weird to me!:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
8,852 Posts
OOPS, see this is NOT in the SCUT Forum. No wonder it looks weird to me!:bigthumb:
A very timely 5:30pm brainfart.......It happens to the best of us..............:laugh::lol:

I was trying to decide which bucket size was on that backhoe.....:lolol:

As far as the OP's original question about the lift handle and the button being loose, is the button lose like the spring is broken or missing, as if there is no spring tension on the button at all?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have my 265 apart right now, I can take a few pictures tomorrow in daylight and post them on how it works. I have the body off for painting so it will be easy to see.. Let me know...:cheers:

·
Premium Member
7,716 Posts
IIRC there is a ratchet on the right side of part key 25 and pawl to the ratchet is what the button's linkage connects to.

Many years ago I bent the lift lever on my 285. Short story is I mowed between the swings of our kid's swing set and the lever caught a chain for a swing. I did a great job of anchoring the swing set. :flag_of_truce::laugh: The lever ended up pointing to the rear. I and the JD parts guy had a good laugh. :mocking:

I gave my service tech manual to member after my 285 was stolen. Gave forward so to speak or I could look it up and check.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
IIRC there is a ratchet on the right side of part key 25 and pawl to the ratchet is what the button's linkage connects to.

Many years ago I bent the lift lever on my 285. Short story is I mowed between the swings of our kid's swing set and the lever caught a chain for a swing. I did a great job of anchoring the swing set. :flag_of_truce::laugh: The lever ended up pointing to the rear. I and the JD parts guy had a good laugh. :mocking:

I gave my service tech manual to member after my 285 was stolen. Gave forward so to speak or I could look it up and check.
Seems like you can get a used one online for next to nothing, but putting new brakes on my JD costs my eternal soul.

·
Registered
82 Posts
that would be great
Here are a few pictures of the push rod against the latch plate. When you push the button all it does is push the rod against the plate and it rotates to unlatch the arm.. It don't go into anything. There are only 2 bolts that hold the arm in place, then the 4 clips on the boot..

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts