Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
22,955 Posts
All I have ever heard was rumors and broken promises, don't hold your breath for it.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
45,891 Posts
When I bought our 2320 in 2008 I was debating on waiting a couple months for the 270 BH. Guess I'd still be waiting.

·
Super Moderator
10,522 Posts
I was waiting for the 270 BH as well. Had work to do so I found a like-new 46 for short money and pulled the trigger. The 270 had been in development for ~ 4 years. It's release may have been tabled.

Frank

·
Registered
33 Posts
Official Word

To the best of my knowledge official word from JD is this 270 backhoe project is postponed indefinitely. That's the word I got a few weeks ago. Also, mentioned something about additional tractor and backhoe testing along with pricing stagey review. I broke down and just ordered the 46 instead sigh. Quick Attach would have been nice.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I broke down and just ordered the 46 instead sigh. Quick Attach would have been nice.
Yeah, I broke down too -- traded my 2320 for a 3520 w/ 485 bh. My schedule has limited allowance for seat time, and my tractor also has to mow my yard weekly, so changing from TLB to mower would need to happen quite often. the 485, 300cx and 72d autoconnect deck should make this a 5 minute job. When I only have an hour to go play I don't want to spend 20 minutes in the garage getting the tractor ready to go.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Are there other frame mounted backhoe options for the 2520 instead of a 46? I also was going to wait for the 270 when we bought our 2520 18 months ago.

·
Administrator
22,955 Posts
Are there other frame mounted backhoe options for the 2520 instead of a 46? I also was going to wait for the 270 when we bought our 2520 18 months ago.
As far as I know, no there is not-from JD anyway. I believe Woods makes one however.

·
Super Moderator
10,522 Posts
The 46 is a pretty nice backhoe and has plenty of power for it's size. I like that I don't have to run the tractor at more than ~1500 RPM to work it as hard as necessary. It's just as convenient to use as any other subframe mounted BH I've ever owned (JD 8 and JD10). The only drawback is swapping between TLB and mid-mower duty. That being said if you've used a larger BH you do need a bit more time & patience to get a job done.

Frank

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.