Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I appreciate any information concerning my problem with my JD 2720. I purchased this tractor about a year ago and unfortunately I have had problems since. One of my problems is when I pull the PTO Switch Knob to engage the PTO, the Timer / Relay Unit, 10 amp fuse blows, at first I thought that I was not following the correct sequence, but I carefully followed the sequence per the manual and the fuse blows each time. i have never even used the PTO since I purchased it. I'm guessing there is a short in the electrical system somewhere. Again, I appreciate any help.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Replacing fuse with a 10 amp resetable circuit breaker would make it easier to troubleshoot. Maybe a pinched wire somewhere, then with a wiring diagram disconnect things until breaker doesn't trip.

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Replacing fuse with a 10 amp resetable circuit breaker would make it easier to troubleshoot. Maybe a pinched wire somewhere, then with a wiring diagram disconnect things until breaker doesn't trip.

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Tapatalk
Good idea with the resettable circuit breaker, yes, it looks like I will have to trace the wires to find the pinched wire. thanks for your help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.