Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New tractor to me purchased about a month ago has 1700hrs on it. I was doing some things yesterday on my farm when I noticed the front left wheel of my tractor start having a lot of play in it from left to right almost as if the toe adjustment broken and the tire would just point left off center and then straighten back up. The right tire was not doing anything out of the normal. So, I jacked the front of the tractor up and when grabbing the tire on sides I can manually move it back and forth side to side and cannot do the same to the right.

My question is, is there an adjustment to fix this or did some break? Could it be the spindle knuckle that needs to be replaced? Thanks for any help you can provide.

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
17,494 Posts
Hello, FJ22.
Welcome to GTT.

When you move the tire, can you tell it the steering ARM(16) moves also? If so, remove parts 18,19 & 20 to check for wear or breakage.

Check the splines(Green arrow) on Knuckle(10).

I have also seen the Weld break on the Knuckle, at the RED arrow.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jordan
Welcome to GTT
Does your tractor have single or dual cylinder steering? Is steering arm on top of spindle tight on the splines & bolt is snug?
Yes it is dual cylinder. Yes the bolt is snug. I believe my problem is with the steering arm. I pulled it apart. The splines on the spindle look fine but the groves in the arm look extremely worn out. So, now to order the part and see if that fixes my problem. Thank you so much for all of your help. I'll update everyone once I get the part put on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts