Green Tractor Talk banner

JD 301 R Lift link repair

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  johnH123 
#1 ·
While dealing with the load control shaft issue, I decided to go through all the lift components. I bought this tractor used with mower attached and never messed with the leveling links until now. The right link mechanism is locked up and will only turn about a half turn. I've been attempting to get into the housing to see what needs to be replaced and am having trouble removing the bushing from the housing. I've tried penetrants and heating the housing. Is there another trick to get this thing out? Yes, I did flatten the washer which was bent over the bushing.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jim

#3 ·
heat, penetrating oil, and the right tool to get it out. Maybe a seal puller? blind puller? can you drive it straight through with a driver or socket? But the most important tip to getting stuck things apart is BE PATIENT! losing your mind will make it ten times worse. And remember, if you can't figure out how to get something apart/back together, there is someone, somewhere, who knows how.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.