Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1985 model JD 310B Backhoe that sat up for 3 years while I was sick. Now that i am over 65 and feeling better I am trying to get her back to life. I had to replace all fluids and bleed the fuel line and replace the starter and battery and finally got it to crank up today. It ran a little rough but it was nice to get it turning over. The off switch would not kill the engine but I got lucky and it finally died on its own. The throttle would not work so I assume all of this is related to the injector pump. I have no hydraulics at all so I am assuming that my hydraulic pump is stuck in some unknown position. As you can probably tell I have very little mechanic experience especially on a diesel tractor. I have managed to buy a Parts Manual but do not have a Service Manual. Any advice to test or things to try to revive this beast is much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Engine not wanting to die is probably from a sticking fuel metering valve in IP or hanging up fuel control solenoid. I'd suggest adding some good fuel conditioner to tank or a quart of auto trans oil. On hyd's your unit has closed center hyd that requires oil supplied from trans pump. I'd start out by changing hyd filter & checking/cleaning sump screen(parts key 15). Also check frt hyd pump coupler to bee sure hyd pump shaft turns when engine is running.
AR75603 Filter Element - ELEMENT,OIL FILTER ADD 8.03 USD

Attachments

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
What Jim said. :good2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts