Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a JD 355D today for the hood and battery. Paid $300. It has issues, motor mount problems plus a defective transmission. My question is should I fix it? I have a transmission from a 345 so no expense there. Is the 355D special? Maybe a collector in the future? Or should I scrap it out? It has 2300 hours. Thanks

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
They are rare,I would fix it 2300 on a diesel is nothing,gas would be different.I've been looking for one for years.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Bought a JD 355D today for the hood and battery. Paid $300. It has issues, motor mount problems plus a defective transmission. My question is should I fix it? I have a transmission from a 345 so no expense there. Is the 355D special? Maybe a collector in the future? Or should I scrap it out? It has 2300 hours. Thanks
Got any pictures?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
355d

Sorry, I am not sure how to post pics. Replaced the transmission today with one I had from a 345. Cranked the engine over but the motor mounts are shot. Motor moved all over the place. Anyone ever replaced the motor mounts? The mower looks just like a 345 until you open the hood.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Not on one of those but shouldn't be hard,you just have to support it while you change them out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts