Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a few more 40# suitcase weights. Today I was with my wife shopping, I know :dunno:, and I thought I would look on the Facebook Market to see if anyone had any listed. Huh, would you know that, someone had 4 listed for $50.00 each, so I clicked the "I'm interested" button and almost immediately got a reply that they were waiting for someone to pick them up, so I thought, OH well, missed them.

Within 1/2 hour, I got a message saying they had 3 left and would sell them all for $45.00 each but I had to take all three. It didn't take me long to say "sold". Just picked them up about 45 miles from my house.

I now have 3 more to match the 10 that I already have. Now I have enough to use my Heavy Hitch weight bar with a little more confidence.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
I've missed out many times on CL,however I did get some a few years ago at the dealer when they had them for sale for $53 each and before that Deere had a 20% coupon that covered wheel weights and suitcase weights.I wish they did that again.

·
Premium Member
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've missed out many times on CL,however I did get some a few years ago at the dealer when they had them for sale for $53 each and before that Deere had a 20% coupon that covered wheel weights and suitcase weights.I wish they did that again.
Yea, I do the same thing. I keep an eye out for someone selling them used. It isn't like the wear out! :good2: A little paint and they are all new again.

I bought the first weights brand new when I had my 318, many years ago. The rest I added a few at a time as I found them used on CL.

·
Premium Member
10,153 Posts
When I traded by 2305 I let 4 weights go with it. What a bonehead move that was! :banghead:

Did not make that mistake when I traded the orange tractor. I still have four 75#ers and two 55#ers that are helping make the Frontier box blade a little bit heavier.

·
Premium Member
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bought 4 for $150 a couple weeks ago, only down side was that I had to drive 1hr45mins one way to pick them up.

'17 John Deere 1025R FEL
'16 Cub Cadet Tank SZ 54" cut
(3) 80 Dump Cart
18 Dump Cart
That was a good price, discounting the 1 hr 45 min drive of course. If you took a vehicle that got good fuel mileage, that was still a pretty good deal.:good2:

·
Registered
152 Posts
I got a half dozen weights for Christmas a few years ago with my family spending $17 each from the dealer. JD had a promotion and offered a $50 gift certificate for parts if you stopped in and got a quote on a new tractor. I sent my wife, dad, and grown kids all in to get a quote. I ended up with the heaviest Christmas presents that year.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Some people have more money than brains. I bought 6 from a guy that had 12 or 14. Why so many? He bought them to put in his loader bucket to pack down dirt for a landscaping project.

I paid $25 each. Should have bought them all but didn't have that much $ at the time.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Some people have more money than brains. I bought 6 from a guy that had 12 or 14. Why so many? He bought them to put in his loader bucket to pack down dirt for a landscaping project.

I paid $25 each. Should have bought them all but didn't have that much $ at the time.
I got 12 and that's all I need.8 say on the Heavy Hitch 4 for the 345 in winter.When those come off those 4 are used in summer for going on the front of either tractor for what ever rear attachment is on the back.
What's even harder to find is cast wheel weights.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I got 12 and that's all I need.8 say on the Heavy Hitch 4 for the 345 in winter.When those come off those 4 are used in summer for going on the front of either tractor for what ever rear attachment is on the back.
What's even harder to find is cast wheel weights.
Yep, I'd love cast wheel weights for the 2320, but don't want to pay new deere price!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Ya those are nuts. When I bought my 2320 I talked them into giving me one if I bought one.

Reactions: rtgt and TJR345
1 - 12 of 12 Posts