Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back again!
My older 401C back hoe, has an issue that I need a little help with.
My loader bucket is not level. road side is higher than the curb side. when trying to dig or scrape it makes a mess.
Is there anything to adjust?
new bushings? but I don't think bushings would cause it to be that far off.
all welds are good. but on the cross bar (between the lift arms) some one has rewelded the vertical welds. thinking that I might need to cut it and reweld it myself.

Can these be sprung?
Is it posable to tie the high side and tweek it back?

Open for any help Please!

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts
How far is it off? Loaders can be tweaked and bent, but it will take some time with a tape measure on a level parking spot to find exactly where it's off.

Quick and easy thing to check first, how's your rear tire pressure? If one tire is lower than the other, that will cause the tractor to tilt a bit and will result in the loader being off as well.

·
Premium Member
7,428 Posts
How far is it off? Loaders can be tweaked and bent, but it will take some time with a tape measure on a level parking spot to find exactly where it's off.

Quick and easy thing to check first, how's your rear tire pressure? If one tire is lower than the other, that will cause the tractor to tilt a bit and will result in the loader being off as well.
Ditto on checking/adjusting rear tire pressures.
You two beat me to the post! Start with tire pressure.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Also be sure to check that rear tires match... Brand and size. Different brands can be a couple of inches different in diameter.

·
Super Moderator
7,880 Posts
After you've checked that tires match and have balanced tire pressures side to side, check the bucket attitude on a level surface. If it's still uneven side to side you may be able to loosen the loader mounts and even it out. There's usually some adjustment to be gained.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rear Tire pressure was off about 10PSI. adjusted and it brought the bucket to within about two inches side to side.
I was looking at the mounts for adjustment , was wondering how to adjust?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts