Green Tractor Talk banner

JD 420 front tool mount bracket ?

2K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  EricJ 
#1 ·
Does anyone make a simple front mount bracket for the 420? Something I can use to build an attachment onto.

Eric

#3 · (Edited)
Not on a 420 but a 316 which is similar. I used the 322 Weight bracket drawing to make a bracket for my suitcase weights. Also used that same bracket to make a front tote/bruch guard for my '74 112.
View attachment 674732
View attachment 674734
where did you get the spring loaded pins? or did you make them? Never mind, I found them on Amazon for 10 bux a pop.:thumbup1gif:

Eric

#6 ·
I’d go easy on the reach. The balance of a 420 isn’t great. On my 420 with a loader with around 700 lbs ballast I can only pick up about 500 lbs before the rear tires come up. Small changes in how far that load is forward make huge changes in the ballast requirements.

Reactions: KennyP
#7 ·
Agreed, I've run a lot of hoisting equipment over the years. My plan was to make a pair of hydraulic stabilizer legs for lifting, then just pull the load close to travel. I'll just have to keep my eye on the front suspension, I would think that will be the weak point. I'll keep my eyes open for wheel weights as well, I do have a weight bar with 6-46's on it.

Eric

#11 ·
I've got an extra engine hoist that I was thinking of modifying. If I add a double acting cylinder for the lift, put 2 out riggers on separate cylinders with a splitter valve, then add a couple of snatch blocks and a small electric winch, it should work nicely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.