Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so here's the situation. I have a JD 4200 with FEL. This setup has the third SCV ports there with the spool valve but the kit to run it is discontinued and virtually impossible to find (LVBM 19694 if anyone has access to one). Im fairly mechanically inclined but hydraulics are definitely not my strongest attribute. What Im trying to be able to do is run one rear and one forward remote not necessarily at the same time so a multiplier is fine. What are my best options?

From my point of view I can either run a line from the ports for the 3rd SCV and fabricate some type of lever to operate the spool. run it to a multiplier and switch between forward and rear remotes as needed. (Mostly want the capability of a hydraulic top link and grapple).

Or (And im not sure this is possible) run an open loop from those same ports to a third party spool valve with two remotes. The question I have for this is, is it possible to have the spool for the original OEM third function always open so that it can go to another spool valve. This would be the easiest option if its possible, but im not sure if that will damage the remotes, spool valve, hydraulics etc.

Would love some advice here if anyone has any ideas.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I too searched for the 3rd valve kit to no avail. Most if not all of the individual parts are/were available from Deere. I "pieced together" the 3rd valve kit from JDParts. Need to get some time and install the pieces parts.

·
Administrator
23,178 Posts
Ok so here's the situation. I have a JD 4200 with FEL. This setup has the third SCV ports there with the spool valve but the kit to run it is discontinued and virtually impossible to find (LVBM 19694 if anyone has access to one). Im fairly mechanically inclined but hydraulics are definitely not my strongest attribute. What Im trying to be able to do is run one rear and one forward remote not necessarily at the same time so a multiplier is fine. What are my best options?

From my point of view I can either run a line from the ports for the 3rd SCV and fabricate some type of lever to operate the spool. run it to a multiplier and switch between forward and rear remotes as needed. (Mostly want the capability of a hydraulic top link and grapple).

A few guys have done this, I think on the TBN forum there are some threads about it.

Or (And im not sure this is possible) run an open loop from those same ports to a third party spool valve with two remotes. The question I have for this is, is it possible to have the spool for the original OEM third function always open so that it can go to another spool valve. This would be the easiest option if its possible, but im not sure if that will damage the remotes, spool valve, hydraulics etc.

It would be better to plumb in a new valve via the Power Beyond circuit, not the 3rd SCV, you get better performance and less heat build up that way.

Would love some advice here if anyone has any ideas.

See above in RED.

Also, set up an eBay search for the kit, they do turn up once in awhile.

Reactions: Superglidesport

·
Registered
313 Posts
Because I need more hydraulics also, I spoke with an hydraulic expert and what he thought a good way to add two more ports would be to take a diverter valve and hook up. then, you have a thumb switch added to your joystick, and when you press the switch, instead of controlling 1 and 2 (lift and curl), you control 4th and 5th channels.
Then if you have the grapple hooked to 4, and top link on 5, or what ever 2 channels you need for some attachment are all set to go, the flick of the switch transforms your current joystick to move the new channels.

He thought that would be cheaper and easier than messing with completing the original 3rd scv, which you could always do in addition to this if you wanted.

this also looked doable for $500 to $1000 with buying the parts on ebay.

Here is a summit kit on ebay, ebay diverter kit
updated summit link on ebay, $419
I am not sure that is the correct kit, but something much like it, then add some more hoses and your all set.

This seems to only be for one channel though, I thought he showed me a valve you could use for diverting two channels at once. So if you just use two of these valves, you get two channels. you could have the thumbswitch do both channels.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Ask your Deere dealer to do a search of dealer inventories. My local dealer found a 3rd scr kit for me at a dealer couple of states away.
Yes good idea but nothing available when I was looking last year. Of course one may have appeared since that time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I too searched for the 3rd valve kit to no avail. Most if not all of the individual parts are/were available from Deere. I "pieced together" the 3rd valve kit from JDParts. Need to get some time and install the pieces parts.
I looked into that but it was pretty expensive. Not sure what you came up with but I was at about $1500!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
See above in RED.

Also, set up an eBay search for the kit, they do turn up once in awhile.
Thank you! I dont have power beyond installed on my tractor so unless im mistaken there's nothing to plug into. My general thought was if I could somehow replace the spool valve so that circuit was always open and continuously powered a 3rd party SCV kit I wouldn't have to do anything but install lines. Just not sure if there's a way to make it open all the time effectively turning it into a PB setup.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Because I need more hydraulics also, I spoke with an hydraulic expert and what he thought a good way to add two more ports would be to take a diverter valve and hook up. then, you have a thumb switch added to your joystick, and when you press the switch, instead of controlling 1 and 2 (lift and curl), you control 4th and 5th channels.
Then if you have the grapple hooked to 4, and top link on 5, or what ever 2 channels you need for some attachment are all set to go, the flick of the switch transforms your current joystick to move the new channels.

He thought that would be cheaper and easier than messing with completing the original 3rd scv, which you could always do in addition to this if you wanted.

this also looked doable for $500 to $1000 with buying the parts on ebay.

Here is a summit kit on ebay, ebay diverter kit
updated summit link on ebay, $419
I am not sure that is the correct kit, but something much like it, then add some more hoses and your all set.

This seems to only be for one channel though, I thought he showed me a valve you could use for diverting two channels at once. So if you just use two of these valves, you get two channels. you could have the thumbswitch do both channels.
Ive considered this option as well I guess a was just hoping I could complete the JD original piece since I have the port and spool valves.

·
Administrator
23,178 Posts
Thank you! I dont have power beyond installed on my tractor so unless im mistaken there's nothing to plug into. My general thought was if I could somehow replace the spool valve so that circuit was always open and continuously powered a 3rd party SCV kit I wouldn't have to do anything but install lines. Just not sure if there's a way to make it open all the time effectively turning it into a PB setup.
You would remove a steel line and replace it with hoses to create the PB "loop". With the new JDParts though I can't find which one easily anymore :mad:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.