Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently made a friend that has a JD 4200 that has a PB kit that was installed some time back. He tells me that anytime he uses the PB ports to run anything he loses the three point lift. I only "speak" recent JD hydraulic design but looking at the JD parts web site it looks to me as if the 4200 has the same PB ports that the 4x20 does. A PB output, PB return and a return to sump QD's. His has been at the service department for other issues so I have not seen the tractor to visually see what is there. I told him I thought it sounded a bit off but I would see what I could research and find out. As I said the web site shows me three ports. Does anyone have a JD 4200 with a PB that can tell me what it does have and how it may differ than what I think?

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
I have a 4200, and unfortunately that is normal for the PB to deactivate the 3PH as you describe. It's just the way Deere designed the kit.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The JD parts web site shows three ports in the kit. What are the three ports since you have the kit installed?

·
Administrator
22,659 Posts
JD's main intention for the PB kit is/was to provide hydraulic flow to their subframe mounted backhoe, and that obviously does not require the 3PH to be active.

Your friend will have to change QD's to allow the implement to plug into the "loop" that is created when nothing is attached, hence providing flow to the 3PH valve. There was however two PB kits for the 4x00 series denoted as old and new I think in JDParts, hopefully he has the new one.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JD's main intention for the PB kit is/was to provide hydraulic flow to their subframe mounted backhoe, and that obviously does not require the 3PH to be active.

Your friend will have to change QD's to allow the implement to plug into the "loop" that is created when nothing is attached, hence providing flow to the 3PH valve. There was however two PB kits for the 4x00 series denoted as old and new I think in JDParts, hopefully he has the new one.
There are a couple of differences that I noted between new and old but they both appeared to have the three ports. I agree it seems to me he just needs to plug into the PB return port but he said there is only the one return port. I guess I will have to wait until I get a chance to actually see the unit to see what he really has.

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
Here are the instructions to the PB, 3rd, 4th & 5th SCV kits for the 4200 - 4400 series of tractors, along with my gallery of when I installed my kits. The old and new PB kits were based on the location of the rockshaft filter. Older 4200's had the rockshaft filter under the seat, while newer ones like mine have the rockshaft filter located over the PTO shaft. This should answer your questions.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110106108324823291002/HydraulicsUpgrades#

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.