Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have a JD 425 that has started giving me issues and would like any advice you can provide to correct this issue.
It has a 54 " deck that i have replaced all the spindles and the belt. When you engage the PTO the mower starts spinning really slow and then slowly speeds up to the point it looks to be running at full speed.
But as soon as you start cutting grass it will bog it down.

Tractor has 1100 hours on it.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
More than likely your PTO clutch is worn out in the Transaxle. I believe it can be replaced with out removing the Axle assembly. I will look in the manual and try and copy the section you will need for test and repair. Also could be an internal oil leak not allowing full pressure to apply the clutch pack.

Reactions: Mike Espy

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Here you go. Good luck.

Attachments

Reactions: Mike Espy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
More than likely your PTO clutch is worn out in the Transaxle. I believe it can be replaced with out removing the Axle assembly. I will look in the manual and try and copy the section you will need for test and repair. Also could be an internal oil leak not allowing full pressure to apply the clutch pack.
Thanks so much for taking the time to reply and for the diagrams! I was afraid it was the clutch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.