Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a European model JD 4255 MFD
Can the PTO Clutch pack unit be pulled without pulling cab and making second split behind flywheel.
Tractor is in shop with cab on and split at Flywheel now. The shop said they tried and cannot get pack out.
I don't know if they have pulled the PTO shaft out of the rear that goes to the cultch pack.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Which type trans(PS or QR)? I was thinking both type trans had pto clutch in clutch housing. One can only easily remove pto stub shaft But pto drive shaft requires some serious disassembly. I know for sure QR pto clutch is in clutch housing because I've owned a 4255 since Feb '93

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which type trans(PS or QR)? I was thinking both type trans had pto clutch in clutch housing. One can only easily remove pto stub shaft But pto drive shaft requires some serious disassembly. I know for sure QR pto clutch is in clutch housing because I've owned a 4255 since Feb '93

It is the PS transmission.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
The pto clutch will come out without removing cab and second split. Rear pto quill and pto shaft in front of quill needs to be removed. left front cab mount needs to be removed for access to transmission pump bolts to remove transmission pump, oil line, front bearing support, and oil trough from under pto drive gear. Then remove snap ring, cap and shims from front of clutch housing and lift clutch assembly out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts